Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Bein hazmanim anxiety

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 10:28 pm
Is it real or not? Bli ayin hara we have good boys and then Bein hazmanim started and everything became hefker and I developed a lot of Anxiety and nerves. Anyone else in the same boat?

WhatFor

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 11:06 pm
Are you asking from the perspective of a rosh yeshiva, a bochur, or a parent?

I'm getting bein hazmanim anxiety just reading some of the crazy comments on this message board in recent weeks.

lkwdgirl

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 9:39 am
A parent

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 9:47 am
That's why camp was created. I'm serious.

Benevolence

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 10:07 am
Yes. Everything is out of order or control. Gewald

flowerpower

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 10:44 am
WhatFor wrote:
Are you asking from the perspective of a rosh yeshiva, a bochur, or a parent?

I'm getting bein hazmanim anxiety just reading some of the crazy comments on this message board in recent weeks.

What crazy comments did you read? Enlighten me please.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 11:09 am
OP, what do you mean by hefker? I actually know more about my boys coming and going when they have bein hazmanim versus when they are in yeshiva under someone else's supervision.
What's important is to make sure the boys are not bored.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 11:24 am
flowerpower wrote:
What crazy comments did you read? Enlighten me please.

I'm not going to flag them if you haven't noticed them. Take note of the accounts that were just created during bein hazmanim and have a high proportion of extreme and inflammatory comments for a newbie.

Look out for the amother comments that have totally irrelevant and provocative responses on posts (for eg, if someone posts about a Lakewood school and someone else responds with a completely irrelevant response about Jews on food stamps, etc, clearly trying to get a rise out of posters). Or, another hypothetical, the amother who revives a latent thread to blame zex abuse victims for being abused.

Are they all bein hazmanim posters? Probably not, which is why I don't report them. Women can try to rile people up as well. But sometimes I notice a high proportion of inflammatory threads and comments during bein hazmanim, and I've just been feeling it lately.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 11:42 am
WhatFor wrote:
I'm not going to flag them if you haven't noticed them. Take note of the accounts that were just created during bein hazmanim and have a high proportion of extreme and inflammatory comments for a newbie.

Look out for the amother comments that have totally irrelevant and provocative responses on posts (for eg, if someone posts about a Lakewood school and someone else responds with a completely irrelevant response about Jews on food stamps, etc, clearly trying to get a rise out of posters). Or, another hypothetical, the amother who revives a latent thread to blame zex abuse victims for being abused.

Are they all bein hazmanim posters? Probably not, which is why I don't report them. Women can try to rile people up as well. But sometimes I notice a high proportion of inflammatory threads and comments during bein hazmanim, and I've just been feeling it lately.

Gotcha!!! I agree with you on that part. I thought you meant what mothers write about their kids doing on bein hazmanin
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children