Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Whats normal pay for an office job after 10+ yrs lkwd

Pickle1

Post Sat, Jun 17 2017, 11:58 pm
I work in the same office for approx 11 yrs, I run part of a department in the company - that has approx 40-50 employees alotgether. I only make $30/hr (salaried, 9-3ish)
am I totally underpaid?

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Jun 17 2017, 11:59 pm
no way, not for lakewood!!

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:22 am
Mim2006 wrote:
I work in the same office for approx 11 yrs, I run part of a department in the company - that has approx 40-50 employees alotgether. I only make $30/hr (salaried, 9-3ish)
am I totally underpaid?

You said you run a department. How many employees are under you?

theotherone

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:49 am
That sounds like an excellent salary, possibly on the high side.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:10 am
You are being underpaid.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 1:06 pm
please comment if you mean it in lakewood. she might be underpaid but if shes in lakewood then maybe its not. every area has their own normal.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 1:14 pm
Very ovepaid! Be grateful!

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 1:18 pm
It's hard to say. The way it works in Brooklyn, in my field, is you fix up your resume, see what else there is out there, try to get a better offer, and with that in your back pocket, ask for a raise.

But, if you feel like you deserve a raise, ask for one.

Pickle1

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 10:48 pm
op here - yes in lakewood.
I'm just kind of taking a survey...its kind of secretive in my office how much each person makes - so I wanna feel out what other ppl make. not wanting to give away where I work..this company has approx 50 employees. there are different departments - I started out in one that was pretty much just me 10ish yrs ago that has grown to approx 9 ppl in my department. I'm not gonna say I'm the boss cuz I'm not but I am pretty much behind all big decisions with the boss including how much we pay ppl lower than me, interviewing and all large and small decisions in my department. however we work as a team and I'm not 'over' the other ppl. I just have a little more achrayus cuz I was there the longest and the boss relies on my to tell him if we need more ppl, or if a certain job isn't getting done properly etc. I don't have a degree - came there straight our of seminary...but I know I'm worth s/t there - cuz when I go on maternity leaves they have to divide my job to 3 diff ppl and they are very anxiously calling me to come back. so what do u think is 30/hr underpaid? its like a little under 50,000/yr

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 10:57 pm
Dont know if this helps, but it may....I worked as a bookeeper for 3.5 years and then as an accountant which I am doing currently for 3 years. Getting paid about 30 an hour too, this is with a masters degree! So your pay sounds pretty reasonable to me....

theotherone

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 7:32 am
You don't work full time. The full time equivalent of $30/hr is $62,400 which is quite high for an office job.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:26 am
In Clifton nj I pay my office manager of more years than that about $25 per hour and that is normal competitive salary as far as I know.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 2:28 am
You don't work F/T. If you are willing to work until 9-4 even you could be making min. 10k more. I'm saying this as a recruiter

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 2:30 am
amother wrote:
In Clifton nj I pay my office manager of more years than that about $25 per hour and that is normal competitive salary as far as I know.

That's pretty low. Lakewood starting salary is between $17 - $23/ hr so you are paying just above entry level

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 2:58 am
amother wrote:

Really!?! I work in Clifton, and neither I, nor any of my friends with real work experience would work for that. Most moderately experienced employees I know, who have taken jobs starting at $25 were making closer to $35 plus an hour within 2 years. I say this as someone who has been involved in the hiring process at most of the companies I have been at. You are very lucky.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics