Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Boys High Schools

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:24 am
I’m looking into high schools for my son. We live in NJ and it sounds like he will likely end up boarding/dorming. The two names that were so far mentioned to me were a Yeshiva in Riverdale (not the very yeshivish one) and Shaar (shaarei?) Torah in queens. Does anyone know anything about these schools? Would love more info from people who have experience.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 10:56 am
I assume it's Ohavei in Riverdale and Shaar HaTorah in Queens. People looking at those schools often will also look at Yesodei in Queens (Landers' high school) and/or Darchei in Far Rockaway.

Do you have specific questions? We looked at both Ohavei and Shaar. What is your son like and what is he looking for? The two schools get a lot of the same applicants but are very different.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:35 pm
He’s very smart but coming from Lakewood, so not a great education. However I am confident he can catch up with tutoring the summer before if necessary. We want a school with a very good education. He’s a great kid, very personable. I’m not sure what else would be helpful to share... wish I was clearer on my questions! I don’t even know what to ask. Where did you end up sending?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics