Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Average salary for post sem girl
Previous  1  2

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 7:45 am
imasoftov wrote:
I'm not shocked, but if you have any references I would calmly read them.

I refuse to get into this discussion because I already clarified what I meant but I will say that I spoke to a woman yesterday who can't find work in a hospital because she won't take a Saturday shift.
I also spoke to a married girl who could be making double of what she's earning now but because the company trained her into her job, they won't raise her so fast.

All companies Frum, Jewish or not want to get away with paying the least they can.

It exists across the board.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:07 am
amother wrote:
No, ok, I guess I really wasn't clear.
This really has nothing to do with marital status. The company gives us a range for an entry level position and pays higher for those with more office experience, usually married women or single girls that have been working for over 2 years as opposed to straight out of seminary girls. We don't decide or have anything to do with the $$ amounts of offers the candidates will receive.

It's a little odd that your original post talks about marital status exclusively, and now you're saying it's really only about experience. Everyone here knows that salaries increase with experience.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:12 am
amother wrote:
It's a little odd that your original post talks about marital status exclusively, and now you're saying it's really only about experience. Everyone here knows that salaries increase with experience.

Obviously, but I didn't mean to highlight that. Op asked what the normal salary was for a post seminary girl.
A Married woman in the Frum community generally has more work experience than a post seminary girl. The emphasis on marital status was unintentional.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:17 am
amother wrote:

I have a friend who is in her late thirties and works for one of the big Lakewood companies. I'm sure she gets paid what she is worth, and my understanding is that she gets paid VERY well. I don't know why people here feel the need to make snide comments, especially about things they know nothing about...

imasoftov

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:24 am
amother wrote:
I refuse to get into this discussion because I already clarified what I meant but I will say that I spoke to a woman yesterday who can't find work in a hospital because she won't take a Saturday shift.
I also spoke to a married girl who could be making double of what she's earning now but because the company trained her into her job, they won't raise her so fast.

All companies Frum, Jewish or not want to get away with paying the least they can.

It exists across the board.

I always find the best way to not get into discussions is by not writing anything ...

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:25 am
amother wrote:
As of when? The going rates have gone up across the board.

I was making $13.50 in Lakewood starting salary as of 6 years ago and today I would get $16-$17/ hour starting out.

Same with Monsey

Reality is that it hasn't gone up in Monsey in the last 8 years. It has remained stagnant.
Of course you will find employers that offer more, but I've worked at three different types of businesses within the last 8 years and each place offered and still offers $15 the entry level positions to people that have no work experience.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:32 am
$15 is starting rate. She should lock in dates for evaluations and raise expectations along with that.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 9:13 am
My first job post seminary in Monsey was in 2010 and I got $10 an hour. I worked in a health related office.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 11:53 am
My monsey office paid $15/hour 2 years ago. I don't know if it's changed but they were known to be on the low end and were very stingy with raises.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:01 pm
In Monsey $15 an hour for a starting job is fair. You probably won't find better.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:13 pm
amother wrote:
Obviously, but I didn't mean to highlight that. Op asked what the normal salary was for a post seminary girl.
A Married woman in the Frum community generally has more work experience than a post seminary girl. The emphasis on marital status was unintentional.

A married woman is more likely to stay put. She is a better investment. A post seminary girl will often move, and they won't have their mind on work when they get engaged.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:57 pm
amother wrote:
A married woman is more likely to stay put. She is a better investment. A post seminary girl will often move, and they won't have their mind on work when they get engaged.

And women in Lakewood have babies every year and then want to cut their hours and take off if their kid is sick etc. etc.
Every candidate brings their own pluses and minuses to the table.
Work ethic is something that cannot be taught!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 3:31 pm
amother wrote:
And women in Lakewood have babies every year and then want to cut their hours and take off if their kid is sick etc. etc.
Every candidate brings their own pluses and minuses to the table.
Work ethic is something that cannot be taught!

Yes, but I rather hire a stable married person than a single. Frum girls are going to have babies also when they get married, but you don't have instability of being a khallah if you hire a married lady. You have the potential for a longer them employee.

I have been burnt too many times where good girls lose their focus on the job when they get engaged. I have hired married women, and they should be with their children when they are sick.

None of this has to do with work ethic.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics