Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Suggestions for a good mop to use on hardwood floors

hi its me

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 10:44 am
I'm looking for Suggestions to buy a good mop to use on hardwood floors

Chickpea

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 10:53 am
Following

zaq

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 1:25 pm
The best mop for hardwood floors is no mop at all. Water is the enemy, just as it is for wood furniture. Sweep with a soft broom--horsehair is excellent-- or vacuum without beaters. A dry DUST mop, which is its own thing and not a regular mop, can be used to pick up anything the broom left behind or in spots the broom or vacuum can't reach.

esuss

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 2:53 pm
I use a microfiber cloth mop. Put murphys soap in water and wring out very well. Makes the floor sparkly clean.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 8:27 pm
esuss wrote:
I use a microfiber cloth mop. Put murphys soap in water and wring out very well. Makes the floor sparkly clean.

If you have real hardwood floors, do NOT use Murphy's Oil. If you don't believe me, go to Houzz.com and do a search about it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 9:03 pm
I have 2. One is a ScotchBrite one I think? Lime green microfiber pad. We use a little Method hardwood floor cleaner if we go that route. I also have a steam op that is ok for hardwood floors and we're just careful to not make it so wet. Which we use depends on our time available and who is doing the mopping and which mop pads are clean.

joyce01

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 9:29 pm
Bona hardwood cleaner with bona microfiber mop. Recommended by guy who installed my hardwood floors. NEVER use Murphys Oil Soap. This kills the wood.

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 9:35 pm
joyce01 wrote:
Bona hardwood cleaner with bona microfiber mop. Recommended by guy who installed my hardwood floors. NEVER use Murphys Oil Soap. This kills the wood.

yes, the guy who installed our hardwood floors told us to only use this too.

anonymrs

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 10:26 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
If you have real hardwood floors, do NOT use Murphy's Oil. If you don't believe me, go to Houzz.com and do a search about it.

What do you use?

lizard8

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 11:12 pm
I use the Rubbermaid spray mop because I already had another one for my other floors (used for quick cleanups). I bought extra rags and can use them on either one.
And yes, I only use Bona. In my apartment, I used murphys oil and it was so sticky! Bona is more expensive, but I hear it is so much better for the wood.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 10:09 am
anonymrs wrote:
What do you use?

I use a microfiber dust mop (dry) most of the time. Around once a month I use Loba cleaner (very similar to Bona) which my installer gave me. It is a spray. I spray a very small amount on the dust mop. If there is a very dirty area, I'll spray some on that area of the floor; then go over well to to dry with the dust mop.

sourstix

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 10:33 am
I use Murphy oil, for many years and make sure to squeeze out the mop real well and no issues at all. So does my mother and many people I know. Including my siblings. Make sure you follow,the directions on the bottle. Don't use too much Murphy or you will get streaks. No need to spend a lot of money on expensive soaps. And I use a resultant sponge mop. The one with blue sponge.

bestme

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 4:42 pm
Does anyone have another idea for washing wood floors?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 5:46 pm
I like the ScotchBrite mop with the removable washable green pads (we have a few of the replacement pads). The trick is to use a soft cloth to dry as you wash, so that the floor dries with a nice shine and no damage to the finish.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:35 pm
We found we recently had a lot of residue build up (we had also started using a different brand from Jet for hardwood floor cleaning) and so we stripped it with a vinegar wash. We're trying to just clean with water now and not a floor solution.

hello321

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 9:02 pm
I use the libman mop with plain water. The man who finished pur floors told us plain water. I will admit some of the floor looks a bit worn but BH with a family it may have eventually looked that way. I cant imagine using a dry mop as we get everything from ketchup to pish on our floor and it needs to be cleaned up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars