Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
A tribute To my son's counselors wife

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 7:12 pm
I need to thank you! Thank you for letting your husband take all the time he needs to care and give undivided attention to his campers. Even at 12am!
Here's what happened. My son one night couldn't fall asleep. At 12am he was still up. The counselor took him out of the bunkhouse, took him on walk. Then he took him to the field and played a ball game with him.
I am beyond impressed and beyond thankful. I have no words. I'm literally in tears how dedicated this counselor is.
Of course the counselor got a tip and I hope to reach his wife irl and thank her personally. May all your boys and girls have counselors with such dedication.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 7:33 pm
OP, a counselors job is to be on call 24/7. I agree he did a nice thing, but it's his job to care for the kids, weather his wife "lets" or not.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
OP, a counselors job is to be on call 24/7. I agree he did a nice thing, but it's his job to care for the kids, weather his wife "lets" or not.

but this counselor went the extra 'mile' by giving this boy his time & helping him.

eta; not all camps require counselors to be 'on call' 24/7.

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:12 pm
amother wrote:

First of all, no, a counselor's job is not 24/7. And if the "counselor" is married, then I'm guessing we're actually talking about a different job role than the people I called counselors in camp?

Secondly, the wife "letting" could mean even that she "let" him take this demanding job in the first place.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:14 pm
Op, it's so nice that you thought about this counselor's wife! I'm sure that she has some role in her husband taking this job and doing it so well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational