Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
NJ disability/family leave question

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 11:53 pm
I just had a baby and am on NJ disability now. I see online that I can continue my disability and take my family leave without having another waiting week. But if I only use 2 weeks of my family leave now. Can I take the remaining weeks during the year (like for sukkos and Pesach for example). Basically my question is....do I sacrifice the remaining weeks of family leave by going back to work or can I still get those paid weeks at any point during the year. I saw somewhere that I can even take one day at a time ( paid day for a child sick at home) Anyone with experience or advice please advise.

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 11:58 pm
My advice is, only you know if you can handle going back to work so soon. Only you know how stressful your job is. You know if your boss is flexible enough to allow you time off/make up time if your kid is sick or for holidays.

Gonna repeat.. only you know if you can handle going back to work so fast. Really think about it. Don't just jump back in for days off later if it will hurt you now

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 12:04 am
I recently spoke to HR and NJ family leave can be split throughout the year. She specifically told me some people take 2 weeks off around the holiday season.

Just note - During my last leave I took off only 1 1/2 weeks and they never paid me. They said I only get paid if the I take off full 2 weeks otherwise they can't give a check.

there may be a rule that you have to give in your anticipated schedule when you return to work - but I'm not 100% sure about that - and different places may have different rules regarding that.

newmommy22

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 7:39 am
You can take the nj family leave until your baby is one. Ive heard you need to take it in one week increments and can't just take it one day at a time. Check with HR they should be able to help you.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 2:27 pm
Thanks for responses

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 8:37 pm
You can take family leave up to one year, but it has to be in week long stretches. Pretty sure you fill out the form after you take the week off.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics