Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Sofamania? Wayfair? Ashley?

miami85

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 9:53 pm
Seeing very good deals on these websites. Can anyone tell me their experience with these places?

cbg

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 10:34 pm
miami85 wrote:
Seeing very good deals on these websites. Can anyone tell me their experience with these places?

I bought couches on Wayfair. One came broken. They changed it out quickly with no questions asked,
BUT
I did pay for the extra insurance.
Not sure if they would change it if I didn’t buy the extra insurance.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 10:40 pm
I bought bedding on wayfair and was happy with it. Never tried it for furniture. Make sure to read the reviews of the specific one you're looking at.

married123

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 10:44 pm
I got a sofa from wayfair. Love it! Great delivery team...

maze

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 11:25 pm
Can you check it out in person in a store? It's hard to tell if a couch is comfortable online. When we were looking for one, there were so many that looked comfortable, but as soon as we sat down, we felt it.

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 2:17 am
I bought a bed frame from Wayfair and service was fine.

FWIW, the quality of the furniture isn’t great so the bargains aren’t what they seem. My bed frame is just being used for decorative purposes so I wasn’t worried about durability but was essentially just looking for a decorative headboard and they had the color and style I wanted.

Ashley carries the same fairly low quality furniture. It really depends on what you are looking for in terms of quality though.

are you looking for a sofa? If so, I wouldn’t buy from them because the construction of the sofa is not going to be good so it won’t wesr well at all. If you can’t afford a well constructed new sofa, you are far better off buying used from Craigslist because upholstered pieces don’t retain value and you can often find good pieces at a cheap price. But you should instruct yourself in what constitutes a good sofa in terms of construction. There are ways to judge the frame, what are the cushions made of; how are the springs constructed so that you can tell whether it is a piece of garbage or a well made piece of furniture.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars