Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatric psychiatrist in Lakewood area

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 2:25 pm
I'm hoping someone can recommend a good pediatric psychiatrist who takes NJ family Care for a 16 year old girl diagnosed with aggravated depression and taking Zoloft. Relief saysthey have no one who takes insurance. If necessary family will pay out of pocket somehow but still hoping someone can recommend a good psychiatrist who does take insurance.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 2:29 pm
Chemed takes insurance. Not sure sure why relief said that. Overall, I and many others don’t trust relief, because it’s all political.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 2:50 pm
Does chemed have a pediatric psychiatrist who can manage meds?

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 2:56 pm
I would recommend that you ask your child's pediatrician - not Relief - for a psychiatric recommendation.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 3:01 pm
amother wrote:

Yes

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 3:01 pm
amother wrote:

I think they do if you are using their behavioral health Department. I read about a year ago that they brought in a pediatric psychologist. Anyway, call them to find out- 732-364-2144
Also who is the child’s pediatrician? The pediatricians office will usually recommend someone in the local area.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 4:05 pm
Pediatric affiliates- they said to call Relief...

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 4:41 pm
amother wrote:

That makes no sense.... they usually give names of people they are happy with
Relief isn’t as helpful as they used to be - now they have young girls running it

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 4:45 pm
amother wrote:

Probably because you are looking for a psychiatrist that takes insurance, and they don't have someone to recommend.

I use pediatric affiliates, and my child sees a psychiatrist that they recommended, and that I'm very happy with. But he does not take insurance, and it costs alot. Okay, I'm not so happy about that...but I'm happy because my child is doing really well.

Unfortunately in the mental health field, the top tier service people do not take insurance, and they charge alot. They can, and they do. I guess it costs them alot to get there...

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 5:47 pm
Who is the psychiatrist that you're happy with? If you don't mind sharing, may I ask what age/issues (generally speaking) you're dealing with?

Does anyone have experience with the chemed psychiatrist?

Also, pediatric affiliates automatic response, from 'referrals' and Dr, was to call Relief, without mention of insurance.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 5:55 pm
amother wrote:
Who is the psychiatrist that you're happy with? If you don't mind sharing, may I ask what age/issues (generally speaking) you're dealing with?

Does anyone have experience with the chemed psychiatrist?

Also, pediatric affiliates automatic response, from 'referrals' and Dr, was to call Relief, without mention of insurance.

The pediatric psych at Chemed is wonderful. I’m not sure until what age she sees though. Definitely worth a call.

debsey

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 8:14 pm
amother wrote:
The pediatric psych at Chemed is wonderful. I’m not sure until what age she sees though. Definitely worth a call.

Pretty sure she's not a psychiatrist, she's a nurse practitioner.

OP, why not try Children's Specialized Hospital?

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 10:19 pm
debsey wrote:
Pretty sure she's not a psychiatrist, she's a nurse practitioner.

OP, why not try Children's Specialized Hospital?

Right I should have specified that. But she can prescribe and manage medication and is very good at what she does.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 11:25 am
I'm dealing with a teen with a mood disorder. Psychiatrist is Dr. Hizami, and B"H teen stabilized quickly and is doing really well.

Which doctor were you seeing at Pediatric Affiliates? I find there are some doctors who are better at mental health issues than others, and have more connections....

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 11:27 am
Another psychiatrist we were recommended to was Dr. Lisa Robins, in central Jersey area. We didn't end up there, but heard good things about her.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 2:53 pm
amother wrote:
Another psychiatrist we were recommended to was Dr. Lisa Robins, in central Jersey area. We didn't end up there, but heard good things about her.

Highly recommend her but she does not take insurance. She has someone working under her that sees teenagers.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 3:02 pm
amother wrote:
Highly recommend her but she does not take insurance. She has someone working under her that sees teenagers.

She is good. We used her. She does have an office in Freehold so sometimes you could see her there.

But not only does she not take insurance she doesn't (at least didn't a year ago) take credit card either. Cash or check only.

oneofakind

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 6:26 am
Dr. Robbins only sees 18 and up. She does recommend Tzipora Schiller (I think that's how you spell her name) a psychiatric nurse practitioner in Lakewood. I don't know if she treats teenagers. I doubt she takes Jersey Care but she is cheaper than Dr. Robbins. It pays to go to somebody good from the beginning and not play around...it drags out the recovery and can make things worse in many ways. At the same time this girl needs a good therapist.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 6:53 am
Go ahead and gamble with insurance. Everyone knows that with mental health you get what you pay for. Are you willing to come to boro park for one that takes insurance?

(From another been there done that )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics