Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher meal kit service?

challahchallah

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 6:27 pm
I've heard a lot of good things about Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, Plated, etc. Does anyone know if a kosher version exists? I'm in the U.S, but not in NY. Thanks!

challahchallah

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:55 pm
Anyone?

tichellady

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:56 pm
Pretty sure it doesn't exist. I was thinking of starting that business but got too overwhelmed by logistics. There was a company that started kosher but if pretty sure they closed

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:58 pm
If it doesn't exist, it should.

challahchallah

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:58 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
If it doesn't exist, it should.

Right--why is this not a thing?

tichellady

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 7:03 pm
challahchallah wrote:
Right--why is this not a thing?

Small market, kashrut challenges, what families do you know have $ to spare for such a product that don't just buy takeout or have lots of cleaning/cooking help? Would you pay $10-$15 pp for a meal you have to make?

challahchallah

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 7:07 pm
tichellady wrote:
Small market, kashrut challenges, what families do you know have $ to spare for such a product that don't just buy takeout or have lots of cleaning/cooking help? Would you pay $10-$15 pp for a meal you have to make?

Fair, I know it's probably not actually viable--I just wish it were. Where I live there's not really kosher take-out options, so a meal kit service that could be mailed nationally is appealing.

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:51 pm
tichellady wrote:

You pay for the time saved. Shopping and supervising prep take time. I probably spend at least an hour on both. There is a five dollar fee here for grocery delivery, and I dont like the produce selected, so I go myself. The going rate for a lady to prep in the kitchen is around $9 - $11 an hour. It also takes hours each week to find new and different tempting receipes.

I am looking for a way to save time yet still turn out the high quality meals my family likes. If the meals were top quality ingredients I would be a customer

smile5

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 5:55 pm
I would definitely pay for such a service, I saw one site called jchef.com but im not sure which hechsher it is it didnt look like a heimishe site.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 11:20 pm
I recently got an ad for prepko. They're certified by RCC I think, but their delivery area is pretty limited. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has tried them.

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 11:25 pm
smile5 wrote:
I would definitely pay for such a service, I saw one site called jchef.com but im not sure which hechsher it is it didnt look like a heimishe site.

I tried out JChef - can’t remember the hechshers but they were ones we ate. It was a good service and fun experience but too expensive for me to do regularly.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 6:01 am
How about a once monthly person comes and helps fill up the freezer, anyone done that?

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 8:39 am
amother wrote:
How about a once monthly person comes and helps fill up the freezer, anyone done that?

How does that work?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen