Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
3 yr old still soiling occasionally

sunnybrook

Post Tue, Sep 25 2007, 4:46 pm
anyone have any ideas for a 3yr old girl who never completely stopped soiling -- and is now doing it daily in gan. Has become a really vicious cycle -- the gannenet is repulsed and angry, so the kid is more unhappy and does it even more.

drumjj

Post Tue, Sep 25 2007, 5:09 pm
my daughter is four and still wees in her pants at nursery and home usually if she is too busy to go to the toilet or if she is nervous ur daughter is probably doing it because the gannent tells her off and she gets nervous and then does it try bribery maybe and have a word with the gannent say ur working on it and her help would be appreciated

Clarissa

Post Tue, Sep 25 2007, 5:46 pm
When my son was three, they still willingly changed diapers in the 2's at school, which is the year most kids turned 3. In the 3's (when most kids were turning 4) they preferred that kids be trained, but if they had to change a child who was having accidents, they did it kindly.

I don't know this teacher, but if she's so sour about your daughter's accidents, she'll only increase your child's anxiety about the situation. This really isn't good. Toilet training is delicate business, you don't want to stress a kid out while they're trying. If it were me, I'd speak to the teacher or to the person running the program. Obviously, toilet training is important and you did accomplish it, but many kids backslide. Making a little girl feel bad about it won't help. The opposite is true -- rewarding a kid for a dry day is a lot nicer than making him or her feel bad for a day that isn't dry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training