Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Who in Brooklyn does the best custom kitchen, up to $20,000?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

ladYdI

Post Sat, Dec 30 2017, 10:29 pm
Don't know who I would use today. But ask your friends and family who did kitchens about 2-3 years ago

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 2:16 am
So after all this , I didn't do my kitchen yet. Now I'm upto salko kitchen from monroe. They do formica only. When this thread started I thought he was only doing upstate, but I recently heard that he has a representative doing Brooklyn.
Wood is much nicer, but being quality is a very strong factor for me willing to sacrifice. Salko kitchens is known for his quality. He's not very expensive either.

chuchu

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 3:46 am
I just did my kitchen a few month ago by Salko and highly recommend them. They stand behind their product and make sure you are completely satisfied.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 8:46 am
My sister and sil both have builder grade Salko kitchens. 8+ years and to me it looks brand new!
My sister says she does see some wear but that's because she cookd in it every day So she sees the little flaws. But I never noticed anything.
Very happy.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 12:48 pm
I have experience over the years, with all my formica furniture, even high quality, getting totally ruined pretty quickly. My wood furniture is holding up beautifully.

I think I only want wood cabinets.

Who in Brooklyn is honest and reliable to deal with and gives good quality wood cabinets at a good price, relative to other dealers?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 10:22 am
Bump. I would also love to hear more kitchen info.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 3:09 pm
I think this may sound interesting, I didn't do my kitchen yet cuz I'm in court with my tenant whose Apt I need, but I keep on doing research the whl time and I wouldn't change a thing I said so far.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 6:02 pm
For various reasons, I havent done a kitchen yet.

Any new people doing kitchens reasonably?

Anyone used Enterprise on 18th & 47th since?

How about Mr Hershkowitz, are people happy with his quality and customer service?

Can those who put in kitchens recently give some advice about the dealers and cabinets they chose?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 7:59 pm
amother wrote:
For various reasons, I havent done a kitchen yet.

Any new people doing kitchens reasonably?

Anyone used Enterprise on 18th & 47th since?

How about Mr Hershkowitz, are people happy with his quality and customer service?

Can those who put in kitchens recently give some advice about the dealers and cabinets they chose?

Do you want wood or formica? I'm in the same boat as you. I started dealing with Mr Hershkowitz and got very turned off by his personality. He only likes people who he manipulate and tell them exactly what you should want. If you know what you like and you know your basic layout he's not for you. I left him. My sister had the same issue with him. He gave her a layout she was adamant that she doesn't want that setup and he was very not pleasant abt it. Cuz the way my sister would've wanted it meant him getting significantly less $ .
I'm currently looking maybe to do formica through salko in monroe. Will see what ends up happening.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 8:05 pm
amother wrote:
Do you want wood or formica? I'm in the same boat as you. I started dealing with Mr Hershkowitz and got very turned off by his personality. He only likes people who he manipulate and tell them exactly what you should want. If you know what you like and you know your basic layout he's not for you. I left him. My sister had the same issue with him. He gave her a layout she was adamant that she doesn't want that setup and he was very not pleasant abt it. Cuz the way my sister would've wanted it meant him getting significantly less $ .
I'm currently looking maybe to do formica through salko in monroe. Will see what ends up happening.

No way Id get formica for 2 reasons. Its totally not my taste, and any formica furniture I bought, even good quality well made formica furniture, died soon after. You cant refinish or touch up formica.

I had a similar experience w Hershkowitz, when I went to him the first time he recommended someone for installation, so outrageously expensive, , it was the same as the cabinets. He told me that unless I use this outrageously expensive person for installation, the work isnt guaranteed, When I said no way, he became a little more flexible, and said I dont have to use him for everything. But it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Who would you use for wood cabinets?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 8:14 pm
I dunno. I'm not thinking wood now. I heard fantastic reviews abt salko. Entire monroe used him. Their kitchens are lasting for 20-30 years already so iyh I hope to do my kitchen within the next 2-3 months and he's very serious on my table. I saw a kitchen done by him recently I loved it so I can't really be of help. Sorry.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 9:40 pm
amother wrote:
I dunno. I'm not thinking wood now. I heard fantastic reviews abt salko. Entire monroe used him. Their kitchens are lasting for 20-30 years already so iyh I hope to do my kitchen within the next 2-3 months and he's very serious on my table. I saw a kitchen done by him recently I loved it so I can't really be of help. Sorry.

Can you please post a picture from any website like Houzz that resembles the kitchen you think Salco did that is beautiful. I havent looked at formica at all, maybe I would like something beautiful and long lasting and less money.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:
Can you please post a picture from any website like Houzz that resembles the kitchen you think Salco did that is beautiful. I havent looked at formica at all, maybe I would like something beautiful and long lasting and less money.

You're asking a lot. Maybe soon I'll do it.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 11:18 pm
amother wrote:
You're asking a lot. Maybe soon I'll do it.

Thanks. Im having a hard time picturing a formica kitchen that Id like, but thats because I really havent seen any formica kitchens in a long time.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 12:03 am
I just used Kitchen connections.

My 18 ft kitchen with Chinese acrylic cabinets, 3/4 inch plywood box with upgraded blum hinges and a beautiful carrara type quartz counter, sinks, faucet and installation was 18,500

I highly recommend.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 2:05 am
I used Tristate Kitchens in Williamsburg. I loved the fact that the in house designer is a woman. I didn't have a designer for my house. Price was great. Hardware and installation was included. Huge selection of hardware. And they gave me as much time as I needed with no attitude whatsoever.

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 8:37 am
What is a formica kitchen? I'm currently remodeling my kitchen and when I checked out cabinets, the boxes were either wood or furniture grade MDF. The doors were also either wood or MDF. Some of the less expensive doors had a Thermofoil option but that's on an MDF door.

I don't know anything specific about Brooklyn companies but I researched extensively on the best cabinet construction in terms of both longevity and functionality.

Cabinets are often lined with melamine - which is a form of laminate - aka formica but formica is a not what a cabinet would be made of. It is a very thin material - it's used for inexpensive counters for example.

My kitchen cabinets will have laminate on all the interior shelves for easy clean up and my sink cabinet will be completely lined with laminate because the sink cabinet tends to get shmootzy and I wanted to be able to wipe it down easily.

Research on what makes a good kitchen cabinet - what features you want and then question options that your kitchen designer or cabinet store recommend. Also focus on the most functional layout and construction - For example, you would want full extension drawers with undermount hardware to maximize drawer storage; you would want mostly drawers for lower cabinets as they are far more functional than lower cabinets with doors.

mom39

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 4:00 pm
Did anyone use Nagad Cabinets? They have a new beautiful showroom on McDonald Ave in Bklyn and just wanted to know if anyone used them recently or even before he moved

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 7:32 pm
mom39 wrote:
Did anyone use Nagad Cabinets? They have a new beautiful showroom on McDonald Ave in Bklyn and just wanted to know if anyone used them recently or even before he moved

There's somebody on Coney island Dunno his store name the guys name is Mr brach who's kitchens are very similar to the one I'm considering. It's very very similar to the matt version. He has a glossy and a Matt version.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 9:41 pm
Any other Wood Cabinet people, not mentioned here, who are experienced and do top quality wood cabinets, at good prices?

Theres always someone new who worked with the best Cabinet people, who goes out on their own, and offers lower prices.

Are there any non Jewish Kitchen Cabinet people who may want to please their customers to get a reputation, to attract the frum clientele, and are better priced at wood kitchens than the frum Kitchen cabinet people?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics