Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Washing the sidewalk

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 4:36 am
They do that here. They wash the sidewalks with soap and water and then use a squeegee. They even did it yesterday when it was rainy. When I saw them doing it, the ground was already wet because it was raining all through the night, but not at that moment. I never see it making much of a difference. Sweeping I understand, but not mopping. This is not at peoples homes, but businesses and buildings. Sometimes they need to wash away dog poo, but this is a daily thing.

Have you ever seen anyone do it or do you?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 4:39 am
Yes. When I grew up in Brooklyn our next door neighbor and others as well washed the sidewalks every Saturday with a hose. They did it every week without fail.

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 4:48 am
Never heard of it where I come from...

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 4:55 am
Never heard of it but it sounds good to be real clean... maybe I should move out of Lakewood and join you...

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 4:55 am
There are no side walks here.
But there are driveways and various kinds onf different paths leading up to the front door from the driveway.
There is also duck stuff, "ahem", kids chalk decorations and then there is torrent rain, or if that doesn't help powerwashing once a year or so....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry