Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Help!

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 11:02 am
Just when I thought I finally got the hang of parenting my little ones, the rules have changed on me. Parenting a moody teen is not easy. At wits end

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 11:08 am
Hugs on this thread mean, you are not alone.
I can't say I dealt with moody teenagers, but yeah, the rules are constantly changing.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 11:17 am
Oh yes!!! Tell me about it. But I was a teen too and I remember my mother telling me "you are such a teenager". I know that I changed so it gives me hope for my own kids😀

essie14

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 12:07 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Oh yes!!! Tell me about it. But I was a teen too and I remember my mother telling me "you are such a teenager". I know that I changed so it gives me hope for my own kids😀

My mother said this ALL THE TIME! And I am dealing with it now - 4x over. Such fun! Very Happy

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 7:25 pm
I once asked a Rav that is famous for dealing with teens.
He said to me
“ The war of Gog Umagog will be bad.
Raising teenagers is worse.”

Just remember this too shall pass

amother
Red

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 7:00 am
I don't understand these threads about teens being moody. They're people just like us. Don't we have our moods too? Why can't you just support them through their moodiness? Is it because you expect them to be "good and well-behaved"? Why?
I just don't get it.
Yes, I have a few teens myself.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 7:45 am
amother wrote:
I don't understand these threads about teens being moody. They're people just like us. Don't we have our moods too? Why can't you just support them through their moodiness? Is it because you expect them to be "good and well-behaved"? Why?
I just don't get it.
Yes, I have a few teens myself.

I have and had 4 teens. Some were amazing. They did have their moods, but they were reasonable, so it was easy enough to deal with. I also have some that are extremely unreasonable and no matter what, it's very frustrating.

happyone

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 9:58 am
It passes . My moody teen is fantastic today ! Hang in there ...

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:04 am
Teenagers are engaged in the incredibly difficult emotional process of moving from childhood to adulthood. And they have to do this while being flooded with hormones. And adjusting to high school. And having very little control over their lives. It's hard on them. Recognize their struggles, but don't excuse rudeness. Be gentle.

The good news is that you get through to the other side and then they are wonderful young adults.

My youngest is 17, so I've been through this a few times.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children