Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Son going to dorm
Previous  1  2

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 12:31 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Excuse me for going OT here..
But 3rd Year BM is what 21 years old...

21 and you are still treating him like a little yingl going to camp.. How is he supposed to get married in the next year or so..

My son is 22 and living and working in Israel, fully self-sufficient...
I am only saying this, because I see way too many threads on the SB forums, where the wife is really suffering. Often, the main problem is that he wasn't mature enough to get married...

There is nothing wrong if they are doing the list TOGETHER.Two heads are better than one. My very self sufficient DH and my boys always review their lists with me to make sure they are not forgetting anything.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 12:34 pm
My son will iyh be 19 going into 3rd year BM. I think as the boy is coming from out of town, its great that his mother double checks.

Thanks tons for the list. would never have thought of machzorim.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 12:36 pm
You're welcome. Very Happy

Wishing your son a wonderful z'man full of learning and growth.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 12:42 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
There is nothing wrong if they are doing the list TOGETHER.Two heads are better than one. My very self sufficient DH and my boys always review their lists with me to make sure they are not forgetting anything.

I agree with this totally.. I didn't understand the post like that. It seemed to me, that they wrote the list together and mommy did everything...

I know many bochurim like this . Then they get married and expect the wife to do everything for them while working full-time

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 12:48 pm
To clarify - yes, we made the list TOGETHER. And I do the same with my husband who is almost 50, when he packs to go somewhere. My son did not ask me to do this - I volunteered wholeheartedly to help him, and did so a bit selfishly so that I can spend the one hour I have with him talking and catching up, rather than him taking my car and going shopping.

boysrus

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 9:59 am
lol! my son is going to EY for his second year of bais hamedrash, he's almost 19.
I dont think I helped him pack or plan his packing, even before he went the first time, a year ago!
My only contribution is 'do you have your passport?'

so cute to see all you nice mothers planning for your sons Smile
but does this make me an inadequate mother if I dont help my mature, organized, independent son with this stuff? just wondering Smile

amother
Black

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:04 am
My son will be packing himself tomorrow iyh. I need the list so I can get everything together while he was in camp. He just has one day to pack and rest and I didnt want to have to do shopping then.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics