Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Parenting classes in lakewood INFO pls help

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 11:15 am
I heard that some ppl go to parenting classes. I wanted to know if anyone here goes, can you pls share with me the time, place, and who gives the classes. Or, if you have a phone number.

I am asking about lakewood classes.

Thanks.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 11:25 am
I took parenting classes with Mrs. Leah Trenk in Lakewood. I don't know if she still does it - this was about 10 years ago. I found it very helpful - very focused on skills.

I've also heard that people like the REACH series offered by Torah Umesorah. Mrs. Shainele Greenwald (she's Rabbi Forcsheimer's daughter) runs that program. You could contact her for information.

Hatzlacha

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 12:03 pm
Also recommend Reach Parenting courses. I took with Shainla Greenwald - but there are a few facilitators and they are all trained through the same course. (I think Mrs Trenk is part of Reach Parenting now but I'm not 100% sure)

It was a small group in someone's house - with lots of give and take. Very practical.
They make the group based on your children's ages so most parents are in the same situation.

Some schools in Lakewood will pay a portion of it with Title I money - you can can ask about it and they can give you more information.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 7:40 pm
Smile Smile

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 7:59 pm
Blimie Heller has an amazing short parenting class that focuses on the parent child relationship that will change the way you parent.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 8:06 pm
Thanks everyone for responding. Ill try to look these ppl up to try to get contact info.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 8:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Blimie Heller has an amazing short parenting class that focuses on the parent child relationship that will change the way you parent.

Thanks is this in lakewood too? Do u have a number?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 8:11 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks is this in lakewood too? Do u have a number?

Yes. Small live classes. blimie.heller@gmail.com.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics