Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Scranton pa
Previous  1  2

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 12:16 am
happy12 wrote:
Before you book four points sheraton, read the reviews.

Thank you! I assumed it was a nice hotel because it’s a Sheraton.

overworked

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 2:42 am
I walked about 20 min from Sherittan hotel to the Shul the 10 min to friend to eat meal

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 8:17 am
overworked wrote:
I walked about 20 min from Sherittan hotel to the Shul the 10 min to friend to eat meal

What did you think of the hotel?

overworked

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 12:24 pm
Nice clean nothing fancy no fridge in room which that was a Shlep since we had to go down to lobby for our food that was stored in a private room

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 12:27 pm
overworked wrote:
Nice clean nothing fancy no fridge in room which that was a Shlep since we had to go down to lobby for our food that was stored in a private room

They didn’t give you an option to pay for a fridge in the room?

curlytop

Post Sat, Aug 11 2018, 10:12 pm
overworked wrote:

we also recently stayed there was a totally pleasant experience. no fridge in the room though. they gave us a really late checkout and the pool was empty which is a plus fornus

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 10:23 am
I am really confused about the Four Points Sheraton because the reviews online are not good while others here said they had no issues.

happy12

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 10:27 am
After I read the reviews of sheraton, Im scared to book there. I booked in home2 suites by hilton which is new hotel.
It is not walking distance to shul so wont work for shabbos, nut the reviews were good.

curlytop

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 12:28 am
happy12 wrote:
After I read the reviews of sheraton, Im scared to book there. I booked in home2 suites by hilton which is new hotel.
It is not walking distance to shul so wont work for shabbos, nut the reviews were good.

im glad I didnt read the reviews! was totally uneventful trip

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 1:56 am
curlytop wrote:
im glad I didnt read the reviews! was totally uneventful trip

I am debating between the Hilton and the Four Points. I would be using points if I stay in the Four Points.

shanie5

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:23 am
The Hilton and Radisson hotels are in the eruv. (Hilton can only use certain doors to be inside the eruv)
The kosher grocery is small, but has just about everything you need. It's called the yeshiva co-op. 570-963-5699.
And as of last wednesday, they opened a fleishy restaurant in kingston. Only opened wed eve and reservations needed. Same telephone # as the pizza place.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 7:23 am
shanie5 wrote:
The Hilton and Radisson hotels are in the eruv. (Hilton can only use certain doors to be inside the eruv).

Any nice parks or somewhere to walk Shabbos afternoon?

shanie5

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 10:52 pm
Nearest place to walk would be the University of Scranton campus. No other parks nearby that I can think of.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 11:52 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Nearest place to walk would be the University of Scranton campus. No other parks nearby that I can think of.

So basically no where to walk Shabbos afternoon if staying in the Hilton or Raddison?

shanie5

Post Sat, Aug 18 2018, 9:54 pm
There is NAY AUG park, but that in itself is a decent walk from the hotel. If youre looking for a path, there is none nearby. The hotels are in downtown scranton.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics