Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
$90 minimum for kids shoes?!?!?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:11 pm
I went into a shoe store in Flatbush to get an idea of what's out there this season. Every pair of girls weekday shoes costed $90+!!!!
I can out of there!
Can anyone recommend a shoe store with cheaper prices? I want good quality shoes, but I'm not willing to pay crazy prices!!!!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:18 pm
Unfortunately that's the price. It's heartbreaking! There's no reason a kids shoe should cost that much.... I don't spend this price on myself! It doesn't make sense! You can try to ask any store for last year shoes.

watergirl

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:24 pm
amother wrote:
Unfortunately that's the price. It's heartbreaking! There's no reason a kids shoe should cost that much.... I don't spend this price on myself! It doesn't make sense! You can try to ask any store for last year shoes.

Thats not “the price”. Thats what people are willing to pay for European shoes because some people prefer them or the style. Its only a thing in certain areas. The rest of our kids shop at Famous Footwear, Sketchers, DSW, Stride Rite... My kids are as hard on their shoes as any other kid and their $30-40 shoes are great.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:25 pm
I shop for shoes at the non Jewish places:

Marshalls
Burlington
Target
Amazon
Zappos
6pm
Payless
Etc.

it won't be the same as what the local stores have. You have to choose what's more important , having your child wear the latest season's Italian style shoes or rachmanus on your wallet.

wow

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:34 pm
OP, Nordstrom has venettini shoes on sale now. Check it out. It's probably not this years styles, but they are great basic italian shoes like they sell in the local stores.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:48 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I shop for shoes at the non Jewish places:

Marshalls
Burlington
Target
Amazon
Zappos
6pm
Payless
Etc.

it won't be the same as what the local stores have. You have to choose what's more important , having your child wear the latest season's Italian style shoes or rachmanus on your wallet.

Thunderstorm, can you suggest any brands of school shoes that you usually look out for online?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:50 pm
You can get last years style for half price in some stores.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:52 pm
Shoes are not something you need a frum store for. Go to a regular mall and you can spend $30 -50.

little neshamala

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:53 pm
I dont shop in stores that sell 90$ shoes. Or 80. Or 70 or 60 or 50.

DSW just started selling kids shoes in all their stores.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 11:08 pm
https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....ttini

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 11:12 pm
Another vote for Nordstrom.

Some shoes, like Venettini, once you know which style fits your kid you can often order the next size up each time online from cheaper sources.

No need for the scorn, everyone, it happens to be that some kids have more complicated feet and need that professional fit. One of mine needs it every time, whenever I try to shop for her on my own I end up frustrated, wasting a whole lot of valuable time, and many times I ended up in Brooklyn anyway, praying for a break on an older style. I don't know what people do who aren't familiar with the Brooklyn option. Maybe their feet hurt all the time? My other kid is a little tricky to fit but we have gotten lucky in mainstream stores sometimes.

For those who can access them, there are a number of below-retail outlets from the Brooklyn/Monsey stores in the Catskills right now. It would be nice if they had an outlet in Brooklyn year round...

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 11:32 pm
Do the department stores have regular school shoes or only sneakers type of shoes? Many schools have rules regarding shoes, no sneakers, dark colors only...

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 11:44 pm
I see more and more kids wearing sneakers to school, but classic school shoes are still a thing, everywhere.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 12:21 am
These are very similar to a 100- pair in the local stores.

https://www.nextdirect.com/us/.....52103

das

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 12:24 am
amother wrote:

There is a reason. If you want luxury Italian imports and to have your kids fitted by a worker who keeps running back and forth with boxes you have to pay the price.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 12:55 am
Walked into a shoe store in Monsey to get shabbos shoes formy 3 yr old and walked right out when all they had were priced over $90. I will order something online.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 1:06 am
I am in the Catskills now. Can anyone tell me where I can go? Thanks.

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 1:10 am
amother wrote:
I am in the Catskills now. Can anyone tell me where I can go? Thanks.

Moonwalk on Main St in South Fallsburg.
Royal Family Shoes on Main St in Loch Sheldrake.
Shoe Inn in Woodbourne.
Can't personally vouch for any of them but those are the ones I've heard of, they're probably hit-or-miss.
I bought at Moonwalk once, the staff was helpful.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 4:50 am
European shoes? Romanian? Portuguese? LOL

Well no it's not the price at all.

Zehava

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 7:17 am
Royal family shoes has their own brand for around 60$ a pair. They’re adorable and great quality.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics