Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Schools in Cleveland

Beingreal

Post Sat, Aug 11 2018, 11:07 pm
We are I"h going to be moving to University Heights in Cleveland next summer. I just want to hear about the different schools. We are yeshivish that lets our kids watch occasionally. My dh works and learns at night. We are looking for a warm school that has a warmth atmosphere and the Rebbeim are warm. Anyone?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 1:36 am
My kids are in YDT. I think HAC and YDT are both warm. Very different types of schools. HAC has a real mix of kids.

What specific questions do you have?

Beingreal

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 3:49 am
What is the boys carriculun in YDT? Do they have an English program? Where do the boys go for high school and Yeshiva? thanks for answering me. What type of kids go to Ydt?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 6:46 am
I think if you do a search you'll get the answers you're looking for in previous threads. YDT has a mix of yeshivish, chilled yeshivish, and a few families that aren't either of those. There's an English program, but it's not great. They're working on improving it. After 8th grade, the boys go to Telshe (Cleveland) or other yeshivos out of Cleveland (in Chicago, Detroit, Philly, Monsey, etc.). It's a nice normal OOT yeshivish school. Very caring Rabbeim and hanhala.

Beingreal

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 7:11 am
what about Hac? How is the English program there? My kids are very open minded since where we live has a variety of people of different baxkgrounds. We are moving to university heights. Where do the kids most go from there? I would like the kids to have friends. Is there bussing for both schools?

Beingreal

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 8:13 am
Also is there bussing from university heights to YDt? What type of Rebbeim are there at Hac?

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 12:16 pm
We moved to University Heights a few years ago. Our family sounds similar to yours. My husband works, but learns in the morning, at night etc. We chose to send our kids to HAC and at times regret our choice. We have since spoken to multiple rabbonim about it, but have been advised to leave our kids where they are for now for a variety of reasons. If I were in your situation I would find a Rav familiar with both schools and discuss it with him. This is something we did, but I still feel that we made a mistake. Things would have been less complicated if we would have started at Derech Hatorah. Obviously no school is perfect and both have their ups and downs, however at the time we were focused on certain aspects of the schools ex. cleanliness and professionalism vs rabbaim and level of learning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating