Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Would you go to the wedding?
1  2  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 6:31 pm
If you were to have a baby within the week of your siblings wedding, would you go? I'm not referring to an in law but a direct blood related sibling. Just wondering what others would do

tichellady

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 6:33 pm
Do you have to travel to get there

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 6:50 pm
If it was local, yes

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 6:51 pm
I'd make every effort to attend.
I wouldn't fly anywhere though.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 6:53 pm
I know two people who just missed a siblings wedding because they had a baby less than the week before and was a plane ride away.

If it was local I would go for pictures and chuppah probably.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 6:53 pm
After first kid? I don't know if I could have gotten my act together, you know to wear regular clothes, to walk upright,to sit in a car etc...

After subsequent kids? Yes if it was local.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 6:55 pm
amother wrote:
After first kid? I don't know if I could have gotten my act together, you know to wear regular clothes, to walk upright,to sit in a car etc...

After subsequent kids? Yes if it was local.

Very good point. After my first I was tremendously disoriented and Don't know if I could have made it to anyone's wedding that same week of the birth, much as I might have wanted to.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 7:06 pm
I didn't - baby was a few days old and wedding was a few hours away. Still not sure I did the right thing, although everyone understood of course. (DH went and brought the kids.)

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 7:06 pm
One of my sisters-in-law was in labor at my wedding...

And I missed a siblings wedding overseas due to my due date being that week...
Hubby went though. Thankfully, he was back before labor began.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 7:49 pm
Depending on how I felt but most likely if no or not much travel involved.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 7:56 pm
amother wrote:
If you were to have a baby within the week of your siblings wedding, would you go? I'm not referring to an in law but a direct blood related sibling. Just wondering what others would do

Where are you in this question?

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 8:16 pm
I gave birth a week before my siblings wedding. I was at the wedding, except for the chuppah, which was outdoors at another location. I tried to dance a little but my mom said I need to take it easy and discouraged me from dancing.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 9:56 pm
I had a baby the night before my sisters wedding. I left the baby in the hospital for a few hours and went. Didn't dance but wouldn't have missed it for anything unless I guess there was some medical reason I couldn't go. But the hospital was also in the same city as the wedding.

rivkam

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 11:14 pm
amother wrote:
I had a baby the night before my sisters wedding. I left the baby in the hospital for a few hours and went. Didn't dance but wouldn't have missed it for anything unless I guess there was some medical reason I couldn't go. But the hospital was also in the same city as the wedding.

Wow that's seriously dedicated!

In that situation, I would be my sibling to change the wedding date but we have a small family so it's easier to work round everyone's schedules.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:20 am
I went to a very good friends wedding the day I came home from the hospital. It was 5 minutes away from my house and I only stayed for 1/2 hour. I do remember finding something that fit was hard and sitting in the car was hard... but I wanted to be there... if it’s close by it’s doable.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:41 am
the question is : do you WANT to go? If you badly want to go and you find that you feel ok enough the day of the wedding then you'll want to make it work. If you dont particularly have an interest in going and your looking to find an excuse as to why it is ok if you miss it then I dont think anyone will fault you for not going-its a good enough excuse.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 2:04 am
I can't imagine missing a sibling's wedding, but I come from a small family (as does DH) and we're all local. Plus, barring some really unforeseen circumstances, there would be no way that my parents or in laws would plan a wedding so close to my due date. If somehow I did end up in this scenario I would probably be hard pressed to get to the wedding while recovering from a c-section, but I would do my best as long as I was already home from the hospital.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 2:11 am
My sister and I went to our sister’s wedding a week before our due dates. It was over an hour away for her, an hour for me. She left after the chuppa, I left after the mixed dancing started. We gave birth a week and a week and a half later.
We did take note of the closest hospitals to the hal though.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 2:41 am
Iymnok wrote:
My sister and I went to our sister’s wedding a week before our due dates. It was over an hour away for her, an hour for me. She left after the chuppa, I left after the mixed dancing started. We gave birth a week and a week and a half later.
We did take note of the closest hospitals to the hal though.

Why did you both leave early?

essie14

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 3:22 am
I don't really think it matters what other have done or would do.
How do YOU feel?
I wouldn't take anyone else's feelings into consideration.
I went to a wedding of a friend 2 weeks before my due date. It was an hour away. I was feeling totally fine. DH drove. I (lightly) danced for a few minutes and we left early.
After the baby was born? I would never have gone.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics