Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you even read the op?

amother
Red

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 10:42 am
So often I see a post and then posters commenting as if they didn’t read the post. Op specifically said, this isn’t about this. Or brings up some points and then other posters bring up the same points as if to say the op is incorrect when she brought up the exact same points. And other things. I find it so frustrating when it’s my own thread and I don’t even know where to go from there. Does anyone else find this? I wish I had more specific examples at the moment, but I don’t. I think if you get it you get it and probably don’t need more specifics.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 10:59 am
Sometimes I glance at Imamother and skim through an OP quickly . I found that my head is sometimes in so many places that I could be combining two different OPs I read into one and then answer based off my "imaginary thread". I've done it one or two times when really tired. I also sometimes misread because I'm not paying 100% attention to Imamother. For example a person can write it took 3 wks and my brain reads it as 3 mts.

But in regard to when a person says they don't want to be told to go to therapy and people answer " Go to therapy", that makes me wonder if the OP was read. But sometimes the OP is saying she doesn't want to be told to go to therapy , yet in certain instances that is the best advice she could be given. So people say it even though she said that's not what she wants to hear.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 12:10 pm
Sometimes people feel the need to show a different perspective and dig deeper than the original post so they can try to better help the OP.

singleagain

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 1:27 pm
It's funny. I often find the opposite... Ppl will post after pages and pages with a disclaimer "having only read the op" and often the thread with have veered off topic or extra details were subsequently posted which totally change the op.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 3:51 pm
Some posters post to show they know better/cast judgement. Probably not consciously.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 5:43 pm
Whadya say again?! Question shock Rolling Eyes LOL Idea

WhatFor

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 5:50 pm
Yeah, well, sometimes the OP is like "I think I'm pregnant. Don't tell me to take a pregnancy test or go to the doctor bc I don't want to drive to the store to get one and I don't believe in doctors. But I'm feeling nausea, my breasts are sore, and I'm five days late. Do you think I'm pregnant?"

And then posters are like "you should go to the store to get a pregnancy test. You might be sick or something else. You need to verify or rule out."

And then a poster or the OP is like "DIDN'T YOU READ THE OP SAID NOT TO TELL HER TO TAKE A PREGNANCY TEST."

I'm exaggerating with this example, but barely.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 5:57 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Yeah, well, sometimes the OP is like "I think I'm pregnant. Don't tell me to take a pregnancy test or go to the doctor bc I don't want to drive to the store to get one and I don't believe in doctors. But I'm feeling nausea, my breasts are sore, and I'm five days late. Do you think I'm pregnant?"

And then posters are like "you should go to the store to get a pregnancy test. You might be sick or something else. You need to verify or rule out."

And then a poster or the OP is like "DIDN'T YOU READ THE OP SAID NOT TO TELL HER TO TAKE A PREGNANCY TEST."

I'm exaggerating with this example, but barely.

Lol.
The usual example is when the OP says “Don’t tell me therapy” and then the next 10 posts state that with this issue she should really go to therapy.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 6:04 pm
OP, do you have any more specific examples of this? It’s kind of hard to get what you’re saying if you don’t provide more examples.

I know sometimes it’s hard to read the original post before replying but really you should put in a bit more effort. It’s so annoying when people reply with something irrelevant, or when they make the same point as you but imply that you’re the one with the problem.

Not trying to be offensive here, just my two cents.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 8:00 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
OP, do you have any more specific examples of this? It’s kind of hard to get what you’re saying if you don’t provide more examples.

I know sometimes it’s hard to read the original post before replying but really you should put in a bit more effort. It’s so annoying when people reply with something irrelevant, or when they make the same point as you but imply that you’re the one with the problem.

Not trying to be offensive here, just my two cents.

Yes that’s exactly my point. I like the way you wrote it. The thread that pushed me to write this was the one about staying for the kids. But there are so many others.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 8:13 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Lol.
The usual example is when the OP says “Don’t tell me therapy” and then the next 10 posts state that with this issue she should really go to therapy.

What I've seen:

OP: dh and I are currently in therapy...

Response number 10 - I think you should try therapy...

I've seen this quite often Wink ...

imasoftov

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 6:05 am
OPs can ask not to receive certain responses, but they can't demand it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics