Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Butter sweatshirts-how do I know whats 'in'?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 7:55 pm
My daughter mentioned girls are wearing butter sweatshirts. I feel bad my daughter needs to tell me whats in- how can I know?! I shop online only. Which sites can I use? I've always been a gap h&m type but if there's the latest craze I'd like to be on the 'in list' too!
I remember natives came in and I had no clue!!

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 7:59 pm
What is a "butter sweatshirt"??

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 8:04 pm
It’s really terrible chinuch to teach your daughter that she must wear what’s in. I don’t know what natives or butter are, but you are doing your daughter a disservice by encouraging her to ask for the latest styles every season. Teach her to think for herself, to develop her own style, and to wear what she likes.

Eta. Apparently it’s a brand. Any google search will bring up the websites of department stores that sell them. Why don’t you google it.

Frumwithallergies

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 8:05 pm
Agree. What is a 'butter' sweatshirt? We are dairy allergic. Cani buy a pareve version?

(sorry, I couldn't resist Smile)

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 8:32 pm
Holdonaminute!! I know where to buy it I also have google brains. Wink I just want to know how the other moms knew it would be the 'in' thing this season.
For those that think I'm a disaster mom, my daughter actually said a story and referenced this brand and I cut her short and asked what it is. She said "it's fine mom, girls are wearing it but you don't need to buy it."
She's a really great kid and might I say I tiny tiny bit has to do with the fact that we teach her to be an independent thinker and to purchase with purpose. HOWEVER- U may or may not agree but I feel it is important to get your girls some nice things or 'in' things BEFORE they need to ask for it. This helps them feel at ease knowing you are on top of things and are taking care to make sure they look good etc. This will help them shut down that wandering'what is everyone else wearing' eye.
IRL you all come to me for advice.
If you disagree with me here thats fine...but if you don't mind-could the cooler ones among you tell me which websites to frequent?! Tx

pause

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 8:41 pm
amother wrote:
Holdonaminute!! I know where to buy it I also have google brains. Wink I just want to know how the other moms knew it would be the 'in' thing this season.
For those that think I'm a disaster mom, my daughter actually said a story and referenced this brand and I cut her short and asked what it is. She said "it's fine mom, girls are wearing it but you don't need to buy it."
She's a really great kid and might I say I tiny tiny bit has to do with the fact that we teach her to be an independent thinker and to purchase with purpose. HOWEVER- U may or may not agree but I feel it is important to get your girls some nice things or 'in' things BEFORE they need to ask for it. This helps them feel at ease knowing you are on top of things and are taking care to make sure they look good etc. This will help them shut down that wandering'what is everyone else wearing' eye.
IRL you all come to me for advice.
If you disagree with me here thats fine...but if you don't mind-could the cooler ones among you tell me which websites to frequent?! Tx

Whoa! Someone sounds full of it. Rolling Eyes

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 8:43 pm
I am with you, OP. I have no idea what is “in” and even though I myself am not into these things, I live in an area where it’s a big part of fitting in. Over time, I have found which stores in my area sell the “in” clothes, shoes, etc and I follow them on Instagram so that I have a sense. Sometimes I still have to go with what my kids tell me

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 8:52 pm
pause wrote:
Whoa! Someone sounds full of it. Rolling Eyes

LOL. Oh my you're right. I do. embarrassed
I'm thinking of that kid song "I am simcha shtark best kid in the park"...
Speaking of 100% this would put me in the -is she100% or wackadoodle?!
Sorry I didn't mean it that way- I just wanted the haters to go away and for the joneses to help me out here! Online shmoozing with strangers takes a special talent. I'm not.
I assure u I don't feel full of myself. I feel full. Definitely. Like what happens when u eat everyone's leftovers plus ur plate for dinner. But not full of it.( It just happens to be I'm in chinuch so I get asked parenting questions alot.)

tigerwife

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 9:01 pm
I’m pretty fashionable but I have no idea what is in for teenagers- I’m not a teen! There are probably girls who discuss the latest trends and girls who’d rather discuss other things. I’m assuming a girl who is in sleepaway camp is old enough to choose her own clothes already and will probably ask for ABC rather than have her mother choose for her.

On a different note, the sweatshirts look cute and the sale prices are way cheaper than the Juicy sweatshirts that were in when I was in camp.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 9:05 pm
She's not a teen. 8yrs old...( I meant day camp) that's why I need to ask for her. Too young to shop w friends etc

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 9:09 pm
Butter sweatshirts are incredible.
They are super super soft and adorable designs and also wash and wear well.

I’m happy buying the in stuff if it’s quality and useful, like natives and these sweatshirts, more than buying the in junky toys that go out of style so quick (fidget spinners anyone?)

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 9:19 pm
I ask my kids or other mothers who are more fashion-conscious than I am.

westchestermom

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 9:28 pm
If you aren't close to moms of the cool kids I would go with amother lime's suggestion. I have exactly such a trendy store in my neighborhood. I'm always horrified at the prices there for casual kid clothes, expensive camp accessories, etc but they have the latest stuff and definitely sell butter.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 9:28 pm
I like dressing my young kids in fashionable clothing too. But, I do it for myself.

Anyone who says they're kitting out their 8 year old in latest brands 'for chinuch reasons' in order to feel accepted among her peers, is either kidding herself or should seriously reconsider the kind of circles she is running in.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 9:32 pm
amother wrote:
Butter sweatshirts are incredible.
They are super super soft and adorable designs and also wash and wear well.

I’m happy buying the in stuff if it’s quality and useful, like natives and these sweatshirts, more than buying the in junky toys that go out of style so quick (fidget spinners anyone?)

Lol. Fidget spinners cost $1. These $50+. Would hope you get a little more use out of them.

Same excuse why everyone just have to have a bugaboo even when it's beyond their means. It's such good quality...

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 9:34 pm
amother wrote:
Lol. Fidget spinners cost $1. These $50+. Would hope you get a little more use out of them.

Same excuse why everyone just have to have a bugaboo even when it's beyond their means. It's such good quality...

If it lasts through 5 babies - it’s probably worth the investment.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 9:40 pm
I searched butter sweat shirt on amazon and what do you know, they came up. They look soft, but the butter words on the sleeve are kind of tacky.
I love buying good quality, and better brands, but really, do your kids need to be a walking billboard for the Butter brand.
Maybe I think this way because in my line of business we pay for advertising, and really all the company is doing is using your kid to further their brand!!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 9:43 pm
amother wrote:
I like dressing my young kids in fashionable clothing too. But, I do it for myself.

Anyone who says they're kitting out their 8 year old in latest brands 'for chinuch reasons' in order to feel accepted among her peers, is either kidding herself or should seriously reconsider the kind of circles she is running in.

I agree.
I posted my comment with the assumption that the OP’s daughter was a teenager, but an 8 year old? That’s ridiculous.
OP, if you're in chinuch and the one that gets asked all the parenting questions, I can see why this culture exists in your circles.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 10:13 pm
amother wrote:
I searched butter sweat shirt on amazon and what do you know, they came up. They look soft, but the butter words on the sleeve are kind of tacky.
I love buying good quality, and better brands, but really, do your kids need to be a walking billboard for the Butter brand.
Maybe I think this way because in my line of business we pay for advertising, and really all the company is doing is using your kid to further their brand!!

Yup. My mother basically refused to send us out as billboards. Of course this made me very upset as a child, and most ‘of course’ I feel the same way as she did now.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 11:13 pm
amother wrote:
I agree.
I posted my comment with the assumption that the OP’s daughter was a teenager, but an 8 year old? That’s ridiculous.
OP, if you're in chinuch and the one that gets asked all the parenting questions, I can see why this culture exists in your circles.

The misconception here is the assumption that I buy all that is 'in'. I definitely don't. Which is why my daughter didnt assume I would. But if I'm buying something anyway that she needs then why cant it be the latest?! In chinuch I have advised parents to make sure their children don't stand out and have 'some' cool stuff. Enough to keep them 'in the game'.
U wana fight city hall or raise a confident child. My daughter has no clue I'm researching the latest. In her mind we buy what we need etc. But when she has either the latest bookbag, hairbow, or shoes, she feels that much more comfortable walking into class.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics