Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Did they really shut the place down?

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 11:21 am
I was reading this

https://www.vosizneias.com/303.....ment/

And wondered what happened at Monday 5pm ? Was the place shut down? Did the girls go home? Did they fix the problem?

as someone looking into buying a Camp upstate let me tell you...whoever did those solar panels in that area is so ignorant...it’s such a shame. Some of the properties we saw had simple to fix infrastructure problems that were left to get worse over the years and now it’s a job of hundreds of thousands.

Maintenance is so so key.
I feel bad for the kids and I wonder if the maintaince team figured out how to fix the issue...

crust

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:11 pm
There are missing details in the article.
How could thousands of girls stay in a place where the smell is so bad?
(It's not 1990 when we were all willing to sleep in a stall as long as the place was called camp...)

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:14 pm
crust wrote:
There are missing details in the article.
How could thousands of girls stay in a place where the smell is so bad?
(It's not 1990 when we were all willing to sleep in a stall as long as the place was called camp...)

I had that q but I hung out with a few girls who were in the camp last year and they said it’s there and e/one is just used to it

crust

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:20 pm
ILOVELIFE wrote:
I had that q but I hung out with a few girls who were in the camp last year and they said it’s there and e/one is just used to it

I'm curious if this became worse recently;
"Ulster County Health Commissioner Dr. Carol Smith said that the camp’s septic system was malfunctioning, causing raw sewage to overflow onto the ground."

Thinking about it makes me gag. How were the girls ok with this?
My girls would be home within the hour and I know that most if not all of their friends would do the same.

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:40 pm
I don’t know what happened this year because the girls I spoke to were there last year but not this year (they don’t have their age) and they said the Camp has a smell but that after two days “they were used to it” I don’t think it was as bad last year as this year according to the news

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:53 pm
I have less drastic but still unpleasant expeirences. The raw sewage, I think my mom went through it. Yes, nowadays parents would know about it and not tolerate it. Still they would have to be ABLE to find their way there to get the kids. My dad once picked me up from a horrible camp. I was akmost (?) the only one. He had a car, a good one, a map, experience with countryside etc. And he was retired so he could just leave. The camp was probably 300/500 kms away. Not every parent can or even want...

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:54 pm
It's probably a dull smell in the background. It doesn't make sense that it would be such a strong smell and the girls would be ok with it. Most of these girls come from very baalbatishe Hungarian homes, where good smells and cleanliness are really superb. That's why I don't buy that it's such a nasty smell.

ora_43

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 1:39 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
It's probably a dull smell in the background. It doesn't make sense that it would be such a strong smell and the girls would be ok with it. Most of these girls come from very baalbatishe Hungarian homes, where good smells and cleanliness are really superb. That's why I don't buy that it's such a nasty smell.

The report says the sewage was draining downhill. Maybe the smell is less bad in the camp itself, but horrible further down the hill where the neighbors are.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics