Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Not jealous, rather feel left out

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 1:38 pm
It's kind of crazy, I have like at least 5 friends each with twins--and I have several singletons. I'm not quite jealous--b/c I know its REALLY hard, but I can't help feel left out of the "twin club" b/c its like a whole culture and I feel like as much as I do as a parent its never quite like having twins and then as much as in practicality it becomes difficult to be their friend anymore, I find that it affects our relationship b/c we can no longer relate to each other. Oh and p.s. I can state with almost certainty that none of them were fertility treatments.

agreer

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 1:59 pm
Vent here.
We accept your irrational feelings. Totally okay.

You are allowed to feel "left out" when they talk about what they have in common. It actually makes sense.

There are lots of people out there... If you can't get over it, it's time to find new friends.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 2:02 pm
amother wrote:
It's kind of crazy, I have like at least 5 friends each with twins--and I have several singletons. I'm not quite jealous--b/c I know its REALLY hard, but I can't help feel left out of the "twin club" b/c its like a whole culture and I feel like as much as I do as a parent its never quite like having twins and then as much as in practicality it becomes difficult to be their friend anymore, I find that it affects our relationship b/c we can no longer relate to each other. Oh and p.s. I can state with almost certainty that none of them were fertility treatments.
How in the world can you know that? Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head

Iymnok

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 2:35 pm
At my first US during my last pregnancy I asked "how many?". She asked if I had a reason to suspect twins, I said, no, but everyone else seems to be having twins. She asked if I thought it was contagious. I said yes.

Yes you are totally normal.
Yes twinsseem much more common today than when I was a child.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 3:28 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
How in the world can you know that? Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head

These friends are not connected to each other, and while I'm happy for them, its like after each one it's like--there goes another friend.

Many of them it was after having several kids in normal succession...and it's come up in the conversation "Does it run in the family?"..."Did you know?" etc. Several of them were that close friends.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more