Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
TCS vs Bais Faiga

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 4:21 pm
Does anyone know how the education in TCS compares to BF?

Sebastian

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 5:47 pm
what's tcs?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 5:48 pm
Tehilas Chaya Sara

lkwdgirl

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 7:39 pm
The crowd is very very different. What kind of crowd are you looking for and then think of the education. I hear the education is good both places.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 9:34 pm
lkwdgirl wrote:
The crowd is very very different. What kind of crowd are you looking for and then think of the education. I hear the education is good both places.

I am aware of the crowds... for whatever reason we are looking into both. I would prefer the school with the higher education.

lkwdgirl

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 9:36 pm
FYI- Bais Faiga is murder to get into. Hatzlocha

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 11:05 pm
They are very different schools with very different hashkofos. From what I know, they both have good education. Bais faiga has been around forever and has experience with all types of needs. I know people with special accommodations like to send their daughters there. I don't know the resource information on TCS.

IMO the crowd makes a big difference in your decision. Which school do your values fit into more?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 11:10 pm
amother wrote:
They are very different schools with very different hashkofos. From what I know, they both have good education. Bais faiga has been around forever and has experience with all types of needs. I know people with special accommodations like to send their daughters there. I don't know the resource information on TCS.

IMO the crowd makes a big difference in your decision. Which school do your values fit into more?

Thanks for your response. I prefer Bais Faiga but if it doesn’t work out, TCS seems to be the only other option. This isn’t for a primary student so the newer schools don’t have her grade. A couple other schools that would possibly be options don’t have good education which is important to us.

lkwdgirl

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 11:18 pm
What grade are you needing? I have daughters in TCS

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 6:09 am
lkwdgirl wrote:
What grade are you needing? I have daughters in TCS

Fifth

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 8:09 am
amother wrote:
Fifth

You will not be able to get into Bais Faige then.

I know someone who tried to get her dd into the 4th grade last year and even with askanim helping it didn’t work.

If you appreciate a high level of learning together with warmth, strong hashkofos and basically a yeshivish school you should look into chein Bais yaakov. But it doesn’t sound like the hashkafa and level of frumkeit are your priorities... that would be first and foremost for me since that’s what molds a child for life. Good luck!

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 8:41 am
amother wrote:

I know someone who tried to get her dd into the 4th grade last year and even with askanim helping it didn’t work.

If you appreciate a high level of learning together with warmth, strong hashkofos and basically a yeshivish school you should look into chein Bais yaakov. But it doesn’t sound like the hashkafa and level of frumkeit are your priorities... that would be first and foremost for me since that’s what molds a child for life. Good luck!

It’s not that haskafa isn’t a priority. You’re putting words into my mouth that I never said. It’s that for whatever reason those are the only two options for us.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 8:45 am
amother wrote:

I got my daughter in Bais Faiga last year- 6th grade.
It was very hard, and we needed a lot of pull.

estibesty

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 4:47 pm
getting your 5th grade daughter into any school in lakewood is murder, getting your daughter into bais faiga your chances are like winning a lottery. that being said you choose 2 very different type school (parent bodywise) there alot of other schools that are middle of the way between the both them. bais faiga is one most yeshivish and tcs is considered the most "modern" for lakewood standards.
education wise there both really good.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 5:16 pm
estibesty wrote:
getting your 5th grade daughter into any school in lakewood is murder, getting your daughter into bais faiga your chances are like winning a lottery. that being said you choose 2 very different type school (parent bodywise) there alot of other schools that are middle of the way between the both them. bais faiga is one most yeshivish and tcs is considered the most "modern" for lakewood standards.
education wise there both really good.

I get it. It’s hard to get in to. Like I wrote, for whatever reason these are both options for us. I just wanted to know about the education level.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 6:25 pm
I'll just answer your question simply, OP. Bais Faiga definitely has the higher education level.

I'll back up my answer by saying that DD went to BK from BF for high school, and my niece went from TCS. My niece is incredibly bright B"AH, but she had a bit of a "catch up" in 9th grade. DD breezed thru 9th grade.

They are both going into 12th now and both in the top track, similar learning levels. BF definitely has a higher education standard.

I also found, as a BF parent, that the education level is ramped up in the upper grades. Mrs. Epstein is into being more chilled in the younger grades, and then upping the ante in the older grades when they are somewhat more ready to settle down.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 6:26 pm
Also, my niece (younger sister of aformentioned niece) switched from TCS to BF in lower elementary school, and even then there was a bit of lag, that some tutoring helped with.....

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 6:30 pm
Thank you chayalle! That was a very helpful response Smile

lkwdgirl

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 9:11 pm
Let us know what happens

lkwdgirl

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 11:14 pm
Which school are you sending to?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics