Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos chaya
1  2  Next

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 11:02 am
Does anybody know what the parent body is like at bnos chaya in boro park? They seem to be a bit less stringent than typical chassidish schools and I'd like to find out more. Also what is their education level like? State testing, good secular studies curriculum, etc. How friendly/caring is the staff?
TIA

LibiBamizrach

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:16 pm
I send to bnos chaya. How can I help you?

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 3:02 pm
Following. I'm also interested in learning about this school.

cnc

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 3:14 pm
I would not say that it’s less stringent than other chassidish schools.
They may just focus on different things instead.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 3:45 pm
I sent there until we moved out of town.

They have the most amazing parent body.

They’re definitely into enforcing their rules, but I liked that they focused more on important stuff.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 4:59 pm
Would they have a problem with a mother driving? How big are their classes? Which grade do they go up to?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 5:09 pm
cnc wrote:
I would not say that it’s less stringent than other chassidish schools.
They may just focus on different things instead.

What kind of things do they focus on

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 5:12 pm
amother wrote:
I sent there until we moved out of town.

They have the most amazing parent body.

They’re definitely into enforcing their rules, but I liked that they focused more on important stuff.

Are they ok with women driving?

cnc

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 5:58 pm
Their oldest class is entering fourth grade.
I don't think that mothers driving will be an issue.
They require tights from nursery and knees must be covered. Many chassidish schools are not particular about knees being covered in the very young grades even though they require tights. A parent told me she received a phone call because her child's dress wasn't covering her knees.

LibiBamizrach

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 7:49 pm
Hi to answer your question. Bnos chaya is an unaffiliated school. So therefore they don't have the "stringencies " that other chasidiah schools may have such as woman driving (the principal herself drives) or wearing beige tights etc...however they are a school with high values and expect parents to dress tzniyusdig use filtered Internet and phones the regulars. Only a handful of mothers in the entire school wear covered sheitels. Though most of the staff is more chasidiah. The principal is a doll with tremendous ruach and Simchas hachaim.she previously worked in a kiruv school. The Menahel is very young and sort of learning the ropes. But he's very efficient and really tries hard to make the parents happy. I would say the academics are pretty similar to that of Tomer Devorah probably more up to date. I wasn't a big fan of the kriah program but the chumash and ivris skills the girls have are phenomenal. I would say the majority of the parents who send there send their boys to mevakshei hashem or boyan. That should explain the parent body.

cnc

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 9:43 pm
LibiBamizrach wrote:
Hi to answer your question. Bnos chaya is an unaffiliated school. So therefore they don't have the "stringencies " that other chasidiah schools may have such as woman driving (the principal herself drives) or wearing beige tights etc...however they are a school with high values and expect parents to dress tzniyusdig use filtered Internet and phones the regulars. Only a handful of mothers in the entire school wear covered sheitels. Though most of the staff is more chasidiah. The principal is a doll with tremendous ruach and Simchas hachaim.she previously worked in a kiruv school. The Menahel is very young and sort of learning the ropes. But he's very efficient and really tries hard to make the parents happy. I would say the academics are pretty similar to that of Tomer Devorah probably more up to date. I wasn't a big fan of the kriah program but the chumash and ivris skills the girls have are phenomenal. I would say the majority of the parents who send there send their boys to mevakshei hashem or boyan. That should explain the parent body.

Well said.
I just want to add that Mevakshei Hashem has a big mix, Bnos Chaya only has those that are more "to the right" in Mevaskshai Hashem, it's not as much of a mix as Mevakshai.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 1:18 am
Thanks cnc and LibiBamizrach. Finding the right school is getting increasingly difficult. I found the mevakshai hashem comparison really helpful. Thank you.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 6:17 am
Anyone know the class size of the oldest grade? TIA.

newinbp

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:29 pm
I read this thread with a lot of interest - in general I want to know more about the curriculum for my children - like how are they learning kriah, what do the teachers focus on, etc. What are the curriculum focuses at bnos chaya? Thanks so much Smile

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:39 pm
newinbp wrote:
I read this thread with a lot of interest - in general I want to know more about the curriculum for my children - like how are they learning kriah, what do the teachers focus on, etc. What are the curriculum focuses at bnos chaya? Thanks so much Smile

I work in Bnos Chaya and must say that it is an incredible school. They learn kriah very well and students are assessed regularly to ensure that they are up to par and provide intervention where necessary. They are on a standard level in academics and they focus a lot on each student to ensure that they are happy and keeping up.

I can pm you if you want more info

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:42 pm
Is it even possible to get in?!

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:45 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:

My sister n law got accepted for the coming school year. They didn't give a very hard time but they did make her sign that she does not have a smartphone.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:50 pm
I send here. I may be the op of this thread, I don't remember. I'm obsessed with this school. Everybodys experience is personal but mine has been fantastic thus far. The morahs and teachers have been wonderful, the principal is a doll and there is a strong emphasis on the "do's" of yiddishkeit and not the "don'ts" They are easy to work with. Their limudei kodesh level is pretty high and their secular level is in line with most higher level chassidish schools. There is a warm atmosphere in the school and the simcha of being a yid, mitzvos, yomim tovim, is strongly felt. I love the school my kids go to and I believe that it's important as a parent to like your children's school because kids can sense unhappiness. I would never want to move because I don't think there's any chassidish school in the tri state area like this.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:52 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:

Most classes are full

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:53 pm
I see that indeed I was the op on this thread LOL
I drive and wear black tights and a wig thats a bit past shoulder length if that's helpful. I'm so glad that I can pay it forward to somebody else that has questions.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics