Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Yoga of Eating - Charles Eisenstein

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 1:50 pm
Anyone here read it?
I tried looking him up, his profile doesn't quite resonate with me hashkafa-wise, but I'd like to hear if anyone has more info.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 3:13 pm
I haven't but hoped my commenting will bump the thread. You just sent me down a google rabbit hole ending with Sacred Economics.
I'd read it with a grain of salt. Might be entertaining and even food for thought. But I can't see it being a steady diet. (Mixing all these food metaphors, hope no one's getting hungry Tongue Out )

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 3:18 pm
You must have more patience than I do, PF. Did you get a sense of what his overall philosophy is? If it's along the lines of Diet for a Small Planet, I've been there done that ...
and if there's a lot of alternative spirituality, I don't think it's so much for me.

But thanks for bumping.

Anyone else?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 3:24 pm
No, I think it's probably more disturbing.
I read a book that I don't recommend though it's intriguing called The Man Who Quit Money. I think that there might be some overlapping hashkafos here and I think they're incorrect. But I might be wrong. My library stack is too long to even contemplate adding this in there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room