Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Has anyone ordered on Aliexpress? Is it safe?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 11:10 am
Worried about giving my cc info on a Chinese site

water_bear88

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 11:29 am
Can't you use Paypal?

Amarante

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 11:36 am
It's perfectly safe. I have bought on that site several times without issue. The site itself is a major world company and they are not going to ruin their reputation by scamming people.

At any rate, if you use a credit card, yo are completely protected from fraud since you just report to the company when your statement comes.

Your credit card is not charged until you receive whatever you ordered which is another safeguard on the site.

Brooklynmom1

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 11:52 am
Use it all the time. Site is safe and I got a refund quickly when a seller didn't deliver as promised. Mostly I have gotten what I ordered but it's nice to know that you're protected. Just in case

ahuva06

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 12:33 pm
Yup I order from there, so far so good.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 12:52 pm
Brooklynmom1 wrote:
Use it all the time. Site is safe and I got a refund quickly when a seller didn't deliver as promised. Mostly I have gotten what I ordered but it's nice to know that you're protected. Just in case

I tried filing a complaint but they need video and photo proof and what not. I should start a spinoff but how did you do it?

blossoming

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 1:03 pm
Brooklynmom1 wrote:

how did you get the refund? Is it a cupon, or they return the money to the card? I ordered three pairs of shoes from them a few months ago, and they never came. The seller does not respond. I'm I supposed to assume they never charged me in the first place?

scrltfr

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 1:12 pm
Bad experience and you get charged foreign fees that can not be refunded. I was charged and item was never sent. I got a partial refund after 3 months

HelloG

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 2:20 pm
I ordered plenty and got refunded multiple times for items that weren't as described etc just letting u know I was never happy with a single item that I got. Stopped ordering from there. Be very careful with sizes and always read the measurements...

blossoming

Post Sun, Mar 27 2016, 2:38 pm
yup. 95% of the time it comes out soooo different than the picture on the screen, and your picture in your mind.

ludicrous

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 4:40 am
how do you check reviews on products? I only see chinese characters.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 4:52 am
It is really variable, as you've read so far. 90% of the time I've been completely happy. I check reviews, double check sizes, and make sure I know the shipping prices. Find out how much you can buy before you have to pay VAT. In Israel, it's anything under $75. Once it goes over that, you have to pay customs and tax.

I've only had a few things not show up, and none of them were worth filing a report about. Stuff like a pencil box with a Pokemon character on it, etc. Bigger items have always arrived just fine.

Shipping can take anywhere between 2 weeks and 3 months. There is no rhyme or reason for this as far as I can tell.

Before you order, check with your credit card company and ask them about the window of time you have for charge backs. If your item doesn't show up within 45 days, is the usual time to contact your CC or Paypal.

Be aware that the pictures you see are not the EXACT item you will get, when it comes to fashion. You will be buying a knockoff of the design shown. If you are lucky it will look similar, but sometimes you'll be surprised at how off it is.

If you have chemical sensitivities, you need to be aware that clothing is most often fumigated with harsh chemicals to prevent moths and other bugs getting into the shipments. You may have to was the garment several times to get the smell out, and even then you may need to hang it outdoors for quite a few days in direct sunlight. I had one sweater that never got the smell out, and I had to throw it away. I'm not even that sensitive, but it just reeked!

The majority of time you will get good deals, but remember that you get what you pay for. The bargains tend to offset the few times when things go wrong, so over all it seems to even out.

ludicrous

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 5:07 am
where are the reviews??

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 5:51 am
I've ordered a lot and I'm usually happy. Things usually come sooner than expected. TBH I wouldn't really know if everything I ordered came because I've ordered so much and don't keep track.

Bsimcha

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 7:22 am
I use Paypal
Always got what I ordered, sometimes quickly and sometimes months later.
Quality varies widely.
I've got great things and pure junk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers