Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Heavy pushback from school-vent
Previous  1  2

oneofakind

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 3:54 pm
If you have a Rav backing you, maybe he should make a pleasant phone call to the school telling them that he backs you and surely they will do well with your other children still in the school. I wonder if they feel guilty now that you are doing something so "drastic" and want him back even though they can't do anything different in the future.

justcallmeima

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 5:22 pm
Please, please, please, for your son's sake, do not bow to the pressure from the yeshiva that could not help him. Talk to any of the hundreds of young adults who are now "off the derech" and/or got involved with scary, dangerous things as teens. Ask them if they had ADHD and learning disabilities and anger issues that were not addressed in elementary school. I believe you will find a significant correlation. Stay strong!

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 6:22 pm
OP here, yes I told dh the exact same thing about kids otd who struggled so much in school.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)