Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Removing a weft from a wig

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 2:18 pm
Has anyone done this and were you satisfied or did you regret it? I have a wig I like, it's coarser brazilian hair that holds a style well but I feel like it's just too voluminous for my face. I'm wondering if this will solve the problem or will make it look worse. Can anyone advise me?

pesek zman

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 2:21 pm
What's a weft

flmommy

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 2:24 pm
Yes and I was very happy. Don’t do it yourself unless you are an expert and save the hair so that when wig eventually gets too thin you can add back. Only problem can be if the fullness is at the skin top wefts can’t be removed from there only bottom.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 2:25 pm
pesek zman wrote:
What's a weft
I hope I'm using the right word, it's like one layer of hair. When you look at the wig cap, it's like the hair in sewn in in rows? So removing one entire row I guess somewhere in the middle so there's less hair overall

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 3:13 pm
I removed a weft from the top of my Irene wig. Looks much flatter and natural.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 8:10 pm
amother wrote:
I removed a weft from the top of my Irene wig. Looks much flatter and natural.
Thank you, it's actually an Irene I'm asking about. What line was your from? Was it straight or wavy? How long? And what do you mean a weft from the top? I'm assuming you can't take the top-most layer off because then some seams would show?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 8:50 pm
Says wavy. I gave it to lady in Lakewood who does it. She took out from the top .. don’t know details. Cost me $40

monkeys

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 1:30 am
I did. I moved one from the top to the bottom. It made it look much more natural.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 11:51 am
Can this be done without damaging the cap or does it cause holes?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 12:53 pm
I just did that on the suggestion from my sheitel seller, I took it to someone in Lakewood that replaced the front weft with baby hair. Many people do it apparently.
It looks terrible on me!
Anyone want to buy a brand new, never worn, long, medium brown Irene? Wink

mommyhood

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 1:00 pm
I did when I felt the wig was too full for me and it definitely made a difference. I used a local professional that my sheitel macher recommended. I have the hair she removed so I can add it back if it starts thinning later. I think I paid $25.

mommyhood

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 1:02 pm
amother wrote:
I just did that on the suggestion from my sheitel seller, I took it to someone in Lakewood that replaced the front weft with baby hair. Many people do it apparently.
It looks terrible on me!
Anyone want to buy a brand new, never worn, long, medium brown Irene? Wink

This is something else, you replaced the front hairs to give the front a natural look so you don't need bangs. You can switch it back you'll just be paying twice.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 1:04 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you, it's actually an Irene I'm asking about. What line was your from? Was it straight or wavy? How long? And what do you mean a weft from the top? I'm assuming you can't take the top-most layer off because then some seams would show?

My shaitel macher said Irene wigs are very full in general. She recommended we thin it instead of removing a whole weft. Paid $20 and she did a great job.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 1:26 pm
amother wrote:
Can this be done without damaging the cap or does it cause holes?

Anyone?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics