Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Need ideas for quick easy and filling breakfast

tsc3

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 7:15 am
Something that I can make in advance and grab on my way out. Something that is super filling and healthy. Lately I've been feeling weak by lunch time if breakfast isnt too filling.
Thanks!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 7:21 am
Homemade granola bars. Add a fruit and a cup of milk to last you half the day.
I looked up a copycat recipe of the nature valley oats'n honey. Two is very filling.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 7:26 am
Omlette with cheese and veg (can be made in advance ---like the night before---and eaten cold). The protein keems me going.

Snow White

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 7:55 am
Healthy oatmeal muffins

weasley

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 8:27 am
Quinoa with roasted veggies

Freeze quinoa in portions and make lots of roasted veggies

tsc3

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 8:56 am
Thanks everyone!
Can I get specific recipes? Granola? Oat muffins? Quinoa?
Thank u!!

Teomima

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 9:44 am
Breakfast burritos. Easy to make a bunch in advance. You can refrigerate or freeze. Good to eat on the go and very filling. Personally I like a combination of eggs, beans, cheese, potatoes, tomatoes, spinach or kale, and a nice dash of hot sauce.

Amarante

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 9:46 am
There are a zillion recipes for Baked Oatmeal if you google but I used to make the one that had mashed bananas thrown in as it replaced the oil that other recipes used. It freezes well because it’s solid and then I would just slice and wrap individual slices. You can eat at room temperature or nuke it to be a bit warmer.

I think the recipe I used had 2 cups oatmeal with one cup of milk but the recipe really is just a start for what you like.

BAKED OATMEAL WITH BLUEBERRIES AND BANANAS

6 Freestyle Points 211.5 calories
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes

PREP TIME: 10 minutes

COOK TIME: 35 minutes

This is the BEST Baked Oatmeal recipe with Blueberries and Bananas. It’s perfect to serve guests for brunch, or make it ahead for the week for easy meal prep, as leftovers taste just as good reheated.

INGREDIENTS:

2 medium ripe bananas, (the riper the better) sliced into 1/2″ pieces
1 1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup honey (or agave)
1 cup uncooked quick oats*
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 cup fat free milk (or any milk you desire)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
*check labels for gluten-free

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly spray a 8 x 8″ or 9 x 9″ ceramic baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the ceramic dish. Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the bananas, 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon, 1 tbsp of the honey and cover with foil.
Bake 15 minutes, until the bananas get soft.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the oats, half of nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, and salt; stir together.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining honey, milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
Remove the bananas from the oven, then pour the oat mixture over the bananas and blueberries.
Pour the milk mixture over the oats, making sure to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible over the oats. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and walnuts over the the top.
Bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal has set. Serve warm from the oven.
NUTRITION INFORMATION

Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1/6th

Amount Per Serving:
Freestyle Points: 6
Points +: 6
Calories: 211.5 calories
Total Fat: 5.5g
Saturated Fat: g
Cholesterol: mg
Sodium: 77mg
Carbohydrates: 38g
Fiber: 4g
Sugar: 23g
Protein: 5.5g

tsc3

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 12:04 pm
Teomima wrote:
Breakfast burritos. Easy to make a bunch in advance. You can refrigerate or freeze. Good to eat on the go and very filling. Personally I like a combination of eggs, beans, cheese, potatoes, tomatoes, spinach or kale, and a nice dash of hot sauce.

I saw u posted this on a different breakfast thread. What 8s it exactly? Can u possibly post a link or recipe? Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 12:31 pm
tsc3 wrote:
I saw u posted this on a different breakfast thread. What 8s it exactly? Can u possibly post a link or recipe? Thanks!

A breakfast wrap. Make potatoes, eggs, cut veggies, drain and rinse canned beans, cheese... And layer as you wish.
https://www.foodnetwork.com/re.....9.amp
https://www.thekitchn.com/how-.....34556

Teomima

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 12:37 pm
tsc3 wrote:

Probably Very Happy I'm a big fan of them!

There's no real recipe. Scramble up some eggs. Open and drain a can of black beans. Shred some cheddar. Chop some tomatoes. Fry up some potatoes. Add a bit of everything to a warmed tortilla (I like to microwave the tortilla with the cheese on it, to both soften the wrap and melt the cheese), plus something green if you like (leafy if freezing it, and/or avocado of eating it fresh/refrigerating it), whatever sauces you like (hot sauce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, whatever), fold up and wrap in foil. Eat fresh, refrigerate, or freeze.

tsc3

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 12:44 pm
Teomima wrote:
Probably Very Happy I'm a big fan of them!

There's no real recipe. Scramble up some eggs. Open and drain a can of black beans. Shred some cheddar. Chop some tomatoes. Fry up some potatoes. Add a bit of everything to a warmed tortilla (I like to microwave the tortilla with the cheese on it, to both soften the wrap and melt the cheese), plus something green if you like (leafy if freezing it, and/or avocado of eating it fresh/refrigerating it), whatever sauces you like (hot sauce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, whatever), fold up and wrap in foil. Eat fresh, refrigerate, or freeze.

Don't u live in Israel? What do u use for tortillas? Where do u buy them?

cherry

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 12:48 pm
You can make carrot zucchini banana muffins - very filling!

Teomima

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 1:15 pm
tsc3 wrote:
Don't u live in Israel? What do u use for tortillas? Where do u buy them?

Every supermarket I've been to (I'm in Jerusalem) carries tortillas.

rachel6543

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 2:36 pm
Google overnight oats recipes. It’s oatmeal made by just adding liquid and soaking overnight. Great for breakfast, easy to make.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 5:40 pm
GRANOLA BARS (nature valley copycat)

2 1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats (or a combination)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Slightly less than 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Heat oven to 350° F. Line 8-inch square pan with cooking parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on 2 sides.

Place 2 cups of the oats in large bowl. Add remaining 1/2 cup oats to blender or food processor; pulse into a rough flour. Add oat flour to bowl of oats. Add baking soda and salt to bowl of oats; stir.

In microwavable bowl, microwave coconut oil uncovered on High just until melted. Stir in honey, sugar and vanilla; add to bowl of oats. Stir well to coat oats completely. Spread mixture evenly in pan; press down firmly and evenly.

Bake 20 minutes. Oats should be golden and smell of honey. Cool on rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan using parchment overhangs. Cut into 8 rectangles while still warm. Cool completely before wrapping. The bars will firm and crisp up as they cool.

believeit

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 4:57 am
This will maybe sound weird but it is easy filling and delicious.

I cook every week chickpeas and put them in zip-lock bags in the freezer. I grab every morning one bag and it it for breakfast. Freezes very well.

GL

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 5:10 am
cherry wrote:
You can make carrot zucchini banana muffins - very filling!

Can you post this recipe?

cherry

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 7:40 am
lkwdlady wrote:
Can you post this recipe?

Carrot zucchini muffins

3 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2-3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla sugar
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
3 cups grated carrots
2 cups grated zucchini
(about 3-4 small carrots and 2 medium zucchinis)
1 cup mashed ripe banana (3 bananas, purée in blender for better texture)
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil (can be reduced, just add a bit of juice or milk)

Bake at 350 for about 20 min.
Yields: 24
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics