Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lake George did you ever go?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 10:48 pm
A. Which hotel is nice to stay?
It should be clean, nice, and not far from attractions.

B. What is a must do there ?

Thank you!

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 8:10 am
We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. The property is literally next door to Great Escape. It's a very plain and simple hotel but nice and clean. We had a pleasant experience.
We just walked down the block to the parks entrance , and spent the entire day there.
There are a lot of mini golf places . We did "Around the World Mini Golf"
There are also boat rides on the Lake. We went on the Minnie Ha Ha.

There is more to do in the area but we just weren't there long enough to fit it all in.
We really wanted to go to Ausuble Chasm which is considered the "Grand Canyon of the Adirondacks" but we didn't have a chance to go. It's definitely something I would want to do.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 8:32 am
Thank you so much thunderstorm! That is very helpful.
Please keep them coming!

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 8:41 am
I second ausable chasm if you can get it in. We loved it. Even the little ones (2 yr old) can go rafting at the end.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 9:38 am
We went last summer and stayed in the great escape hotel. It included admission to the great escape which also has an out door water park. I also included admission to their indoor water park. I think the whole trip cost us about $350 for two days. Or maybe it was $500. Either way, it was really cheap and the kids had a blast. The second evening we did a bbq in a park and there was a free magic show and concert going on. It was a really great trip!

nursemomma

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 10:32 am
If you're going with adults/older kids, I highly recommend the para sailing. It's beautiful and so fun! There are a couple of places around the lake that offer it.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 11:14 am
Thank you so much everybody you are most helpful!
Please keep them coming!

esther36

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 2:35 pm
Ausable chasm was amazing!! Definitely go! Or white water rafting in the area is loads of fun too!

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 5:32 pm
Jetskiing!!!

We also went horseback riding and banana boating.

I agree that Ausable Chasm is worthwhile even though we haven't been. But it's about an hour away, IIRC, so plan it to take a full day.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 2:53 pm
Op again.
How many days do we need there?
What’s the ideal amount to cover all must sees but still not be bored.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 3:09 pm
We went many years ago and going back next week.

Great escape. One full day.

We did mini haha last time. Felt that renting our own boat with a tube attached would have been a better option. Plan to do that this trip.

There is a long lazy river that young kids can do as well.

We may do something on the way up, not near lake George. Haven't planned our days yet.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 9:02 am
Can you help me plan an itinerary for children 13 and under? What's the minimum amount of time that would still be worthwhile to spend there?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 10:10 am
Also, is there kosher food available in the area?

ladYdI

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 10:14 am
We did all the above and also rented a speed boat for a day. They gave us tubes and skis and everybody had a ball with that. We also docked on a little island and had lunch and swam. So much fun!

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 4:48 pm
We drove up one day and did the amazing ropes course in the area that afternoon. It's not cheap, but later in the day the price goes down. Next day, we rented a speed boat for 4 hours to enjoy the lake, played mini golf, and drove up to Ausable Chasm. 2-3 days is enough, which can also include Great Escape. We also stayed at Country Inn and Suites, which worked out very well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics