Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
?Jlem succos family of 5?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 11:19 am
Dear Ladies,
we plan to spend Succos in Israel (from 20th-30th of September)

At least for the first part 20th-26th of September we plan to stay in yerushalaim ir hakoidesh

We are looking for an accommodation (with a succa) in the central areas (in the zone of rechavia, kirjat moishe, nachlaot, ganei geula)

We are happy to pay approximately 100$/night.

Is there a realistic chance to still find an appartment? We have searched via Airbnb...any other site you could recommend?

I will do most of the cooking (so I will have to shlep pots/pans along I assume) and I would use take away as often as I can (which take aways and supermarkets do you recommend???)

also...do you think my 6 year old son could 'play' wth neighbor's kids (if there are any)...is this common? do you think my kids will be able to find someone to play with when I take them to a playground? we made sure to be back home by simchas toyre becaus at home in our shul he knows everyone and so the dancing and candycatching , singing and celebrating will be easier for him.

im happy FOR ANY SUGGESTION/IDEA/PROGRAMME u can come up with (we want to visit the kotel and daven in a shul nearby, maybe go to a tish , do some shopping cholhamoyed - I guess most shops will be closed, but maybe we will be able to find sforim and some toys...)

thank you ladies,

all the best

Wink

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 11:25 am
You're very late in the game for an apartment for sukkos. And you most probably won't find something for $100 a night, people hike up the price yomim tovim time. You can check in the hamodia classifieds, weekly link, Torah times.. I see there advertised.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 11:38 am
I see. well maybe we will have luck Smile we found something in rechavya for 87$... im not sure if we will take it...also we suggested to swap appartments with a different family...unfortunately they decided not to come to our city in the end PLUS they lived in a not so frum neighborhood ...so yes we only start to look now... yehye beseder I hope Wink

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 1:17 pm
You found something in rechavia for 87 a night?!? Take it! Does it have a sukkah??

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 1:21 pm
it has a balcony which can accomodate a succah...but it doesnt really have a kitchen I would have to take a cooker along.
also all of us would sleep in one bedroom (which is kind of ok for me but not ideal)...
is rechavia a good location?Smile

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 1:26 pm
It’s a great location, beautiful very central, walking distance to the kosel although it’s a mixed frum/ not frum neighborhood but it borders shaarei chessed which is full of frum anglos. But having no kitchen doesn’t sound ideal...and having to build a sukkah once you get here? The price is literally unbeatable though!

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 2:34 pm
Op, make sure this apartment in rechevia is not a bachurs dorm room....

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
Op, make sure this apartment in rechevia is not a bachurs dorm room....

such a good call.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 2:43 pm
Look- I'll be honest, there is a G-d and miracles happen but in general its not cheap to spend sukkos in Jerusalem, especially in a central location!!! If you're looking for a two bedroom with a sukkah its most probably going to cost you way more than 100 a night.
Maybe have someone post on the Ramat Eshkol community list? a lot of young couples leave for sukkos....

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 6:34 pm
yeah nisim exist...but you are right 2 bedrooms for 100 is crazy and probably very very unlikely... thanks for letting me know.

I saw pictures it looks nothing like a bochurs dormroom rather like a stylish appartment for a single but somehow has two beds and a sleepcouch so fits four (plus a baby???) ...the pictures look very cosy and neat. dh says its too small, I agree but if we wont find anything else we will just take it.

I called some friends and one neighbour MIGHT have her inlaws over for sukkos, and they would MAYBE be willing to swap apt. they live in har nof... they have a three bedroom apt BUT they will only be able to tell us if they come by the end of next week...so we will see.

another friend who lives in jlem (ir atika) just wrote she would host us to as many seudos as we want)....hm I will have to figure out what to do Wink we keep more days yontifas we are chutznikim...

can you tell from my post that decision making is an ISSUE here Wink gosh im bad with decisions ... well we all have our nisyoynos. b´´H dH is sponatous and clear minded...

worst case we will spend more than 100/night... it wont kill us...we will just have to DECIDE.

also any tipps on where to go/what to see/which tish is nice/where to possibly shop cholhamoed and TAKE AWAYS...???

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 7:05 pm
I think it's insane to squeeze in so many people in one room, I would go crazy & so would my kids. I wouldn't put 4 kids to sleep on one sleeper sofa either, it's important for everyone to have some space.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 7:32 pm
Would you be happy with the corner of mem gimmel/panim meiros area?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 8:26 pm
ill ask dh as I have no clue where that is...
why do you know someone who would rent it to us? Smile

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 8:30 pm
amother wrote:
ill ask dh as I have no clue where that is...
why do you know someone who would rent it to us? Smile

I know someone looking to rent out - though I would need to check with them if they're happy to have 5 people staying in their apartment. It's two bedrooms, but still small.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 8:41 pm
I looked it up its mattersdorf yes? why wouldnt we be comfortable? sorry I am not so acquainted with jlem, seems to be a nice quater in the north between givat shaul and romema and center......

I assume it is a haredi litvish (?) quater... please tell me if im wrong Smile I might be SO off

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 8:47 pm
we are two adults and three kids (6, 3 and baby).

if you want more info about us (including where we live, daven, pictures...) please email me

sukkosinisrael@gmx.at

thank you so much Smile

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 8:57 pm
amother wrote:
I looked it up its mattersdorf yes? why wouldnt we be comfortable? sorry I am not so acquainted with jlem, seems to be a nice quater in the north between givat shaul and romema and center......

I assume it is a haredi litvish (?) quater... please tell me if im wrong Smile I might be SO off

No reason that you wouldn't be comfortable - just you mentioned specific areas that you were looking for.

I will check if they might be interested, and if yes, will send you an email.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 9:50 am
OP there are tons of apartments on jdira. we found one there. You can filter how many rooms you need and search by neighborhood. Hope you find something!

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 12:05 pm
thank you olive I will check it out right away Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics