Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Nice gesture for husband

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 6:00 am
Hi all,
My husband will be starting Kollel this week and I want to do something nice for him to show him I respect and appreciate his learning. Do you have any ideas of something I can do without spending a lot of money?
Maybe something like a nice dinner... or baking him a cake...what would you suggest?

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 6:18 am
If he comes home for lunch, maybe a nice big lunch. I nice dinner is also a good idea.

jewishmom6

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 6:23 am
I sometimes make my husband a large yummy ice coffee in the morning, he loves a good ice coffee... I used to also make nice suppers.

mom!

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 6:37 am
I try to make a good supper the first night or so of the zman. Also, I try to serve him a good breakfast the morning of.

ladYdI

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 8:00 am
You can also put little notes into his Tallis bag and pockets and maybe a small choc bar or candy

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 8:04 am
Just tell him how proud he makes you.
In his face.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 9:14 am
This is a nice thread. No dh bashing. What a welcome change! Smile
Do whatever he likes, every dh likes something else. My dh likes a full set of clothing prepared for him. He's not lazy or anything like that, but he feels cared for with that gesture.
Whatever you are doing extra make sure to tell him that you appreciate him. I left out the learning part on purpose. Not that it's chas vsholom bad, but it's good to appreciate him for being himself, if at any point he choses, or life makes him chose to leave full time learning, you won't have to deal with the "how can I appreciate my dh if he's not in kollel anymore" situation.
Don't get me wrong. I thinks it's terrific that you want to do something to show your appreciation to him. That's a beautiful middah and it's great for a marriage.
Many times it's all in the packaging. You invested an effort in writing a nice note to go with the chocolate bar and wrapped it with a ribbon in a nice cellophane bag.
Good luck!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 4:15 am
Talk to him. He won't associate a meat and a compliment. I'd skip the notes that can be seen or fall etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette