Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Have you ever had a near death experience?

Have you experienced a Near Death Experience?
Yes  
 13%  [ 19 ]
No  
 86%  [ 123 ]
Total Votes : 142

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 3:30 pm
I read Raymond Moody's Life After Life Life After Life, (as well as several other books about near death experiences), and he states that about 3% of adults have experienced an NDE.

I found that statistic incredible! That means, if there are 100 women in shul with me, it's very likely that 3 of them have had an NDE!

So, I'm doing some very informal research and posting this poll!

And if you have experienced an NDE, I'd love to hear about it, if you care to share!

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 4:09 pm
You mean out of body experience or where we were an inch away of death?
I've had the second one. More than once. The last one just 6 months ago!
Bh it was only "near" death as I have childen!
Incredibly, it did not scare me as I am not afraid of dying. But the thought of leaving my young children without a mother was terrifying!!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 4:36 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
You mean out of body experience or where we were an inch away of death?
I've had the second one. More than once. The last one just 6 months ago!
Bh it was only "near" death as I have childen!
Incredibly, it did not scare me as I am not afraid of dying. But the thought of leaving my young children without a mother was terrifying!!

So glad you're doing well!

Yes, I was asking about an out of body experience, where people look down at their body from above, see a tunnel of light, etc.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 4:52 pm
If you answer yes then can you please say what happened

leah233

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 4:53 pm
I never had one but the (non-Jewish) super of a building I used to live in had one.

He saw his body on the table and felt himself being pulled upwards towards a great light. He heard and saw the senior doctor working on him telling the other doctors "We are losing him. We will try this one more time but if it doesn't work this is over"

It couldn't possibly have been a hallucination because he never saw the doctor before but he immediately recognized him after he woke up (a few days later)

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 5:04 pm
I had a cerebral hemorrhage, and during the surgery, due to an issue with the anesthesia, I felt like I was watching the surgery. So I can remember my neurosurgery, but as an observer.

Anonymous because it is an unusual story.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 5:28 pm
I don't know if this is considered near death: under anesthesia, I was hurtling through an endless black tunnel. There was a very bright light as well. It took two days to wake from the anesthesia.

bsy

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 5:29 pm
My grandmother had a few.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 5:51 pm
My father did during gastric bypsss surgery. His heart stopped and he said he could see himself on the operation table while they electro-paddled him. He said he felt very at peace, not worried or scared. His heart started beating again and he said it felt like a very long time even though it was less than 10 minutes of emergency procedures. Then he went black and woke up thinking he had died and was confused. He had some therapy to help with this experience.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 6:28 pm
My dh's aunt did. She was in a stroller that was hit by a car. She flew many feet. She saw her aunt in a field of flowers in a garden. Her aunt looked much younger than how she remembered, and very pretty. She told her aunt, "It's beautiful. I want to stay here." Her aunt told her, "It's not time yet."

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 6:39 pm
My babysitter did. They had called all her family around her bed to say goodbye as her heart stopped . I think she was clinically dead etc.
She went into graphic detail describing to me what happened. She said that it was the most peaceful moments for her. She saw herself , while she floated above. She also mentioned that the surroundings looked beautiful too. This all happened after a gall bladder surgery that got messed up. Her body went into septic shock and eventually her entire intestines needed to be removed and replaced with a fake system.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 11:04 am
A Jewish neighbor of mine had one during surgery, similar to the more general stories on here. He is a normal guy, married with kids, and when I was hearing him tell the story it was just so surreal. I couldn't get over the fact that this REALLY happened to him, and he is here to tell about it!

Imi8

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 3:36 pm
A secular Israeli Alon Anava had an incredible Near Death Experience & talks about it here:

www.alonanava.com

Anyone watching this will be changed for life!!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 4:01 pm
Anyone that went to Bais Yaakov Highschool or seminary in BP 20 yrs ago or prior would remember Rebbitzin Zoberman A"H. She told me and some girls about her out of body experience when she was very sick. In both situations, Rebbitzin Zoberman and my babysitter (mentioned upthread) their husband's both pleaded with HaShem and requested he take some years of their own life and give it to their wives (they were both on their death beds when this happened). They both recovered miraculously and told me about their out of body experiences. Rebbitzin Zoberman also described floating above her body and that there was an extremely strong glow surrounding her.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 2:29 pm
I'm too cynical.I don't believe there is such a thing.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 2:44 pm
amother wrote:
I'm too cynical.I don't believe there is such a thing.

While it's impossible to prove, there are many things that would lead someone doing objective research to believe it's true.

Check this out: https://www.newsweek.com/proof.....65327

mfb

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 7:48 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
While it's impossible to prove, there are many things that would lead someone doing objective research to believe it's true.

Check this out: https://www.newsweek.com/proof.....65327

Thanks for the link

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 8:57 pm
A near death experience doesn't automatically mean you will believe in Hashem. My dh's aunt had an NDE (as mentioned above) and yet she never became frum. Neither did her children. Her son considered becoming frum and chose to become a psychologist instead. What's interesting about near death experiences is that they happen to people who are Jewish and not Jewish as well as frum and not frum.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 9:10 pm
I voted yes but it’s a mistake. I thought you meant near death experience. I had an anaphylactic reaction to something and there was no epi pen and nobody knew what to do. Bh in the nick of time (right before my throat would have closed up) I got the medical attention I needed and was saved.

Thank you Hashem for saving me!

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Aug 25 2018, 7:39 pm
My mistake. I was sick enough to due but did not have what you were describing
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics