Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What shoes are in for high school age girls?

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 2:30 pm
My daughters would like to get shoes that are in style. I am not opposed to this as long as I don’t have to pay more than I have budgeted. I can pay about $45-50 per pair. Can someone clue me in on the current trends. I’m at the point of just wearing what I can walk in, so I have no idea.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 3:22 pm
Shoes that cost $100 are in if you’re in Brooklyn...
So sorry I agree it’s insane.

I do think you can get away with any solid color loafer though. Always a classic.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 3:27 pm
What do your daughters want? Do they know where to shop? Are they willing to consider sale or clearance shoes or chip in?
I think you're being reasonable. $50 can go far in the right stores. However, if the perfect shoes are $52 be open to them.

watergirl

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 3:27 pm
Depends where you live. At my daughters school, the girls are wearing Adidas. Famous Footwear has them for reasonable prices.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 3:36 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
What do your daughters want? Do they know where to shop? Are they willing to consider sale or clearance shoes or chip in?
I think you're being reasonable. $50 can go far in the right stores. However, if the perfect shoes are $52 be open to them.

My daughters want to know what’s in. They’re even willing to wait until they find what they’re looking for. But I have no intention of going shopping in Brooklyn stores. I want to shop on Amazon or shoes.com or Zappos. And you’re right, $50 is a soft limit. But I just found a pair of venettinis on Amazon for $34.99 for my 3rd grader. It can be done if you search hard enough.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 3:37 pm
watergirl wrote:
Depends where you live. At my daughters school, the girls are wearing Adidas. Famous Footwear has them for reasonable prices.

That’s partially why they’re willing to wait. They want to see what the girls are wearing in school. Even if I can’t get the exact styles, I can look for something similar.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 3:37 pm
amother wrote:
Shoes that cost $100 are in if you’re in Brooklyn...
So sorry I agree it’s insane.

I do think you can get away with any solid color loafer though. Always a classic.

I have 7 kids. $700 for shoes is madness.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 3:45 pm
amother wrote:
I have 7 kids. $700 for shoes is madness.

Oh wait! $700 weekday and $700 shbbos!
You totally missed that part😀

But yeah, welcome to brooklyn....

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 3:59 pm
I always had big feet. As far as I could remember my mother always had to spend around $80-$100 on a pair of shoes for me from when I was in the third grade and that was over 25 years ago. But I didn't have choices because of my size I had to wear what was available even though the cost was astronomical in those days .

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 4:29 pm
amother wrote:
My daughters want to know what’s in. They’re even willing to wait until they find what they’re looking for.

How old are your daughters? I don't understand asking mom to buy something that's 'in'.

How is the mom supposed to know what's in if her daughters don't know? It's the kids' responsibility to decide what she wants and then beg her mom for it Smile

Let your dds start school and decide exactly what they want, and then buy.
(As an aside, these things are so funny. My 12 yr old dd davka doesn't want to buy any shoes that another girl in her class already has! She says then she will look like a copycat. If we see a pair of shoes she likes, she won't buy them if another girl already owns them).

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 5:05 pm
amother wrote:
Oh wait! $700 weekday and $700 shbbos!
You totally missed that part😀

But yeah, welcome to brooklyn....

And then each kid needs multiple $100 outfits for yom tov.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 5:26 pm
amother wrote:
How old are your daughters? I don't understand asking mom to buy something that's 'in'.

How is the mom supposed to know what's in if her daughters don't know? It's the kids' responsibility to decide what she wants and then beg her mom for it Smile

Let your dds start school and decide exactly what they want, and then buy.
(As an aside, these things are so funny. My 12 yr old dd davka doesn't want to buy any shoes that another girl in her class already has! She says then she will look like a copycat. If we see a pair of shoes she likes, she won't buy them if another girl already owns them).

12 and 15. And they don’t expect me to know. They have asked me to buy it when they find out. I gave them my parameters. Within my price limit and you know propriety for age and school, I will buy what they ask for. The only thing I won’t do is pay current asking price for ‘a label’.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 6:07 pm
amother wrote:
That’s partially why they’re willing to wait. They want to see what the girls are wearing in school. Even if I can’t get the exact styles, I can look for something similar.

Post back once they see what they like. We can try to help you search.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 7:17 pm
Just asked my highschool girls, Lakewood: White soles are still in, metallic colors, shoes with raised embelishments, adidas, the style really hasn't changed, your daughter can be confident getting what she knew was in style last year. Stores to shop in for good prices: Nine West, Nordstrom Rack, TJ Maxx, stores in the mall (shop clearance), Macy's Backstage. Hatzlacha, hope I helped!

momX4

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 7:48 pm
Try DSW. My HS DD has been wearing shoes from DSW since 9th grade. They sell the in shoes for cheaper, but my DD likes to unique and buys shoes that she thinks no one else is wearing.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 7:20 am
I asked my dd.
She said simple flats, or fake uggs, or polished flats, or cool sneakers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics