Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Jackson or neighboring towns of monsey

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 1:58 pm
Where is it cheaper to live /buy? Jackson nj or near monsey eg pamona..
If you can include all relevant info like property taxes, if tuition is cheaper in one of these places ect. Thanks so much!

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 2:21 pm
New Jersey taxes are definitely way less than Monsey. Especially in Pomona, taxes are very high. Supposedly tuition in NJ is cheaper as well.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 2:42 pm
amother wrote:
New Jersey taxes are definitely way less than Monsey. Especially in Pomona, taxes are very high. Supposedly tuition in NJ is cheaper as well.

New Jersey actually had the highest property taxes of all the unites states.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 2:47 pm
amother wrote:
New Jersey actually had the highest property taxes of all the unites states.

But Rockland County has the highest taxes in New York State. So it all depends on what county in NJ the property is in

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 2:54 pm
I know for a fact that Pomona taxes are higher than Jackson, Toms River.
Some areas in New Jersey are cheap, some are expensive. Rockland county is very expensive.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 7:59 pm
OK, what numbers r we talking about?
More than 8k a year?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 8:04 pm
amother wrote:
OK, what numbers r we talking about?
More than 8k a year?

Yes. I'm not sure about Pomona but I would think between 11k and 14k. I am in Chestnut Ridge and pay 11k and that's considered cheap. There are different type of property taxes , town, school and village. It all depends on the size of the house , the value and whether it has a pool or not makes a significant difference too. With a pool it's even higher.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 8:12 pm
I'm Pomona you could be paying $20k-$25k a year. Depends on the property. There are people in Chestnut Ridge & Airmont that pay $20k. I don't think you'll find anything in Monsey that's $8k taxes, unless maybe if you want to live in a development. I private home is $11k at the cheapest.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 8:15 pm
amother wrote:
I'm Pomona you could be paying $20k-$25k a year. Depends on the property. There are people in Chestnut Ridge & Airmont that pay $20k. I don't think you'll find anything in Monsey that's $8k taxes, unless maybe if you want to live in a development. I private home is $11k at the cheapest.

I was just checking listings in Pomona there properties with lower than 20k but it all has to do with how big the property is , the size of the house, when it was built etc. there are many factors that are considered when the annual tax assessment is done. Any upgrades to the home will cause the taxes to go even higher. And taxes increases every year .

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 8:18 pm
New city here and I pay 15k. Rockland county is expensive but there r definitely properties that are cheap. My last house I paid 7k.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
New city here and I pay 15k. Rockland county is expensive but there r definitely properties that are cheap. My last house I paid 7k.

What made it cheaper? Smaller land? Or cheaper area?

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 11:02 pm
amother wrote:
What made it cheaper? Smaller land? Or cheaper area?

It was a cheaper area, and my particular house my realtor thinks had a tax mistake cuz it was lower than all other homes on the block.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries