Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Mortified!!!!!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 1:27 am
Carmen Luna wrote:
Omg!!!! Maybe it was me!

You couldn't have picked a better location at least? Very Happy

Oy, you dear people, I pity you all! I have to admit, I am rolling at thunderstorm's and princessleah's story, even though it really isn't funny at all.

I'm sure I've been in embarrassing situations, but none are coming to mind right now.
Except for the fact that I'm the type that is a total goofball sometimes. When something funny happens and I really laugh, I can get semi-under control while everyone else moves and gets back to work or whatever... But then a few minutes later I'll recall the incident and start snorting, and sometimes can't help but to start laughing.
Yeah, people who didn't realize that I'm remembering something funny can think I'm totally loony tunes...
Embarrassing.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 1:29 am
amother wrote:
OP, one day I actually arrived to work without a bra at all!!! Don't ask me how that happened... I guess I was in such a hurry that morning... I sat at my desk and hid all day.

I have to stop reading these... I'm laughing so hard I'm coughing... Oy vey.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 1:33 am
Someone very chasidishe once told me that when she was newly married she'd gone back to her mother's house for the weekend and she'd hopped into the shower. When she finished, she dressed and walked out of the bathroom into the living room where all of her sisters and mother were... And when they started laughing, she realized that she forgot to cover her shaven head!

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 6:49 am
amother wrote:
We have a neighbor that her nipples are always popping out of her shirt! We don't know what to say & we're always squirming around her. It looks absolutely terrible.

I had a coworker with this issues. I bought her nipple shields and typed a anonymous letter to her. And put it in her mailbox
She actually thanked our secretary for them.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 8:05 am
At my wedding, my (not frum) aunt tore open the whole back of her dress right before chuppa. She then proceeded to walk her father down the aisle with one hand behind her back holding her dress together as best as possible. If u watch our wedding video, as she passes rows of people, they all Crack up.
After chuppa someone kindly sewed her into the dress so she was ok for rest of wedding and had to tear it off after.

Librarian

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 7:34 pm
I am almost 50 years old and I have never forgotten the EXTREME humiliation of my 7 yeaar old self showing up at the summer hotel swimming pool (anyone remember the Pineview?) only to realize that my racing back bathing suit was on backwards!

tigerwife

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 8:41 pm
gilamom wrote:
This happened to me last week, same spot as you but on a shirt dress!!! Two mothers were over by the swings and I kept telling myself I'm just being paranoid that they keep looking at me and giggling to each other, then I followed their gaze to my chest. UGH. After the shower that night I threw the dress into the garbage, funny thing is I saw someone wearing it the next day and she looked amazing which made me feel silly that I overreacted by throwing it out.

How rude of the other two mothers! I once had a stranger approach me to tell me that my dress needed a slip, and that the shape and color of my underwear was pretty visible embarrassed (It was a new dress that I had never tried on in the daylight, and it was not see through indoors!). Sure, it was an awkward walk home but I’m glad she let me know instead of laughing at me from afar.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 8:53 pm
I was once walking past a shul and a man came over to tell me that my skirt was all the way up in the back.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 11:29 pm
seems like a lot of people had "the red spot on the back of their skirts" story. I dont get it. Is this a normal thing where people leak through to their skirts? I have never leaked that badly even once in my entire 20 plus years of having periods.. whether I wore tampons or pads.. dont they absorb it? Either the heavy tampons with a liner or extra long pads and change every few hours... are the extra longs not long enough for some people? Not judging just truly baffled and curious. I cant imagine the embarrassment.

chummus

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 12:12 am
Maybe it's a sign not to wear that shirt anymore.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 1:11 am
amother wrote:
seems like a lot of people had "the red spot on the back of their skirts" story. I dont get it. Is this a normal thing where people leak through to their skirts? I have never leaked that badly even once in my entire 20 plus years of having periods.. whether I wore tampons or pads.. dont they absorb it? Either the heavy tampons with a liner or extra long pads and change every few hours... are the extra longs not long enough for some people? Not judging just truly baffled and curious. I cant imagine the embarrassment.

They're probably not changing them often enough.

I have to say I don't understand how so many people get their skirts/dresses stuck in their pantyhose. It's not that hard to get dressed. How do you not feel it?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 1:22 am
amother wrote:

I have to say I don't understand how so many people get their skirts/dresses stuck in their pantyhose. It's not that hard to get dressed. How do you not feel it?
I went to a clothing shop and somehow when I put my skirt back on after trying stuff on, something like that happened and my rear end was on display to the world...It was on Avenue J area in brooklyn, I was walking to my home to boro park, heard and saw mexicans chittering etc and a frum lady came to tell me and she literally ran off looking mortified as she told me ...I tried to thank her bec I was beyond grateful that I 'only' walked through one block like that, and not 15, but she was grimacing from awkwardness and was a few steps away already lol if you're on here THANKS

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:03 am
amother wrote:

Or they shifted somehow. I never actually soaked through a pad, but I have had leaks. But thankfully I wear dark colored skirts.

Skirts getting stuck in pantyhose can also happen when using the restroom, and no you don't always feel it. May it never happen to you so you can continue not fathoming in peace!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:24 am
amother wrote:

I was in class and felt that I really needed to change pads, but my presentation was next and I was wearing a khaki skirt. I knew I likely had a spot, so I trie to stand with my back to the teacher’s desk so my classmates wouldn’t see. She whispered to me after. embarrassed

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 4:10 am
Not as mortifying as all of ur stories but we had a family sheva brachos in a friday night. That night was also....u guessed it....Mikva night. It was winter so I ran to Mikva tjen went to meet dh and we walked to the s.b I had gotten ready so quickly that it was hard to dry myself properly and my hair was dripping down under my wig. When we got to the s.b the kallahs mum came up to me and said hey ur zip is open let me help u. By that point my whole back was wet. She knew but she didnt say anything

imasoftov

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 4:37 am
dovebird wrote:
Got up on a Jewish bus and my dress was staticky and was allll the way up. The girl behind me was nice enough to pull it down...

I would very much like to suggest that the right thing to do is to discreetly tell the other person about the wardrobe malfunction rather than fixing it for someone else. Unless their clothes are on fire or something of that sort.

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 8:14 am
[quote="ra_mom"]Start pointing it out privately in a nonchalant way. Are

Last edited by amother on Sat, Dec 18 2021, 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 8:15 am
nchr wrote:
Very many people cannot control this. Some people have very large nipples or nipples that are erect and cannot be covered well.

There are solutions. If she's made aware that it keeps showing, she will look for solutions like lined bras or shields.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 8:52 am
Once when I was at work I went to the bathroom, then went back to the office of my chassidish, male boss where I had been trying to fix something on his computer for him. My boss and a male coworker were both in the office and I was standing with my back to them in order to work on this. Ten seconds later my boss walked out, 10 seconds after that my coworker walked out and as he passed my he murmured,"you should probably fix your skirt". Yup, it was all tucked into my pantyhose, never happened to me before and I absolutely could not feel it. Thank goodness I was wearing black opaque tights and not nude pantyhose, but either way it was mortifying.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 10:03 am
Nchr, I have the same issue & there are plenty of solutions for this. There are shields & padded bra's. A women with a tiny bit of dignity would not knowingly walk around with protruding nipple. It's absolutely horrible. I assume that if a frum women goes around like that she doesn't know how bad it looks.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics