Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help me not resent yom tov this year and next year

miami85

Post Sat, Aug 25 2018, 10:20 pm
I just went from a job that I got off for yom tov (and a few months ago I thought I'd have enough days saved up to even take off for chol hamoed) to a job where I'm using 7/10 allotted "personal days" in my first month! I know that this is "normal" for working mothers and I have worked chol hamoed before, but I'm just dreading knowing that I will have no safety net all year with sick days, b/c pesach I will have to take off again. My kids will be off and want to do things, but I will have to work. Even when I had to work in the past I was able to take 1/2 days, this year I don't know if I will have that luxury. Then next year we do it all again!

salt

Post Sat, Aug 25 2018, 11:43 pm
miami85 wrote:
I just went from a job that I got off for yom tov (and a few months ago I thought I'd have enough days saved up to even take off for chol hamoed) to a job where I'm using 7/10 allotted "personal days" in my first month! I know that this is "normal" for working mothers and I have worked chol hamoed before, but I'm just dreading knowing that I will have no safety net all year with sick days, b/c pesach I will have to take off again. My kids will be off and want to do things, but I will have to work. Even when I had to work in the past I was able to take 1/2 days, this year I don't know if I will have that luxury. Then next year we do it all again!

Is 10 days of annual leave legal? I don't know where you are, but in Israel 12 is the minimum.
And sick days should be a separate count as well.
Check that you are getting all your rights.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 12:16 am
10 days is the norm usually plus 3-5 days sick leave.

It is very frustrating...

esuss

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 4:11 am
In my last job I also had that. I offered to work all legal holidays. They paid me time and a half for those days plus an extra vacation day when I wanted it. I loved it. Was able to take off chol hamoed because of that. And had some leeway. Maybe you can do that in future?

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 9:42 pm
I'm in a school so we're off legal holidays already and I'm afraid that since I'm part of the union that if I "offer to work on off days"--I may have to just make up the paperwork that I will need time for, but it might look bad for the union (I'm not a teacher) but how do I deal with my kids complaining that we won't be doing anything for chol hamoed? Sundays are all erev yom tov and its supposed to be "zman simchaseinu"? Help me cope with my reality. There are no "chol hamoed camps" where I live.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 9:56 pm
Maybe your DH or other family member (sister, in laws, parents etc) can take them , that way at least they won't resent you for not giving them a day out. I know it doesn't solve your issue but at least one party will be satisfied.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics