Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Ricketts Glen State Park vs Bushkill Falls

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 11:29 am
Which one do you recommend for adults only.

sky

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 1:32 pm
For me Ricketts Glen - 100%

They are very different.

I found Bushkill falls to be very 'commercial'. You pay a fee to enter. Walk on wooden man-built boardwalks. Lots of people crowded in very specific walkways. Everyone oohing over the same 3 (maybe more?) waterfalls. I don't want to go back.

Ricketts Glen I believe is a longer hike - but I could be wrong. Much more in nature and untouched. No man made boardwalks. The walk is also a bit 'scarier'. While I've heard it can get crowded we went in late August on a weekday early in the day and trail was pretty empty. there were many waterfalls spread throughout the hike. At one point there is about 1 mile without any falls (either the beginning or the end depending on how you go - we did the 'plain' part at the start) but otherwise you see one fall after another.
Plus there is also very nice canoeing in the same park.

sky

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 1:35 pm
If you would want to stay in the park overnight - they have modern cabins with bathrooms and kitchens in the park that the end of August you can rent by the night and they are not expensive.

https://pennsylvaniastateparks.....80417

They go fast so if you find one available and want it grab it.

If you need a bathroom make sure you get one with it because some have just kitchens.

We missed out on one and got a VRBO that we really enjoyed.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 13 2018, 1:50 pm
I've done both and definitely Ricketts Glenn is nicer, not to mention that it's free. Not stroller accessible. It's also further west than Bushkill so if you're coming from NY/NJ it will be a longer drive.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 1:20 am
I heard that there is a kosher hotel in bushkill falls - anyone know?

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 7:08 am
Bushkill inn and suites sometimes has kosher programming. Ens is doing a program Labor Day weekend.

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 3:58 pm
Bushkill Inn is kosher at certain times of the year, but isn't cheap. As for the original question, there's no comparison! We've gone to Bushkill only once, but Rickett's Glen probably 4 times, despite the extra much longer driving distance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics