Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Why does preschool start so late ?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 7:42 am
I am sending my son 2 prenursery/playgroup next week. It is a well run place, legal, professional, and run very well....except they dont start until next thursday!
I work in a school and need to start working next werk, but I camt because I hav a random time to bring my son in for orientation, he starts school late on the first day....and I am upset! I A
am paying a full month of tuition for september and they start so late? Why??,
I dont hav a housekeeper sitting around my house for when my kids have off. And yeshivas are alrrady starting this week. The teachers in this place have inservice this week. Im davening my babysitter from last year can take him
Im ry upset as this place!!! If I wouldve known, I woupdnt have sent here!!@!!@
Does this make sense?
Pls dont tell me why im wrong. I dont have family to watch my kids. I meed this paycheck. And I camt bring my cutie to work with me

rgr

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:13 am
Im sorry you are having difficulties and I hope you can find arrangements easily.

You are not alone. These few transition weeks have been difficult for many.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:17 am
It's super difficult. Our preschool has a 30 minute orientation on Tuesday next week, 3 hours of school on Wednesday next week with no transportation, and their first full day on Thursday next week.
Sending you lots of strength and wishing you an easy time figuring out this juggle!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:27 am
I used to work in a preschool that required each child to have an adult present every day for weeks! I'm not kidding. And the first week of school was 1 he per day, then two weeks of 2 hrs per day, until finally the full 3 hours (9.30-12.30)! The full-day option (9.30-2.30) wasn't even available until like January or something.

momof2+?

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 10:38 am
Seriously?!?!?
Is this considered preschool or a Mommy and me class?

Shendellah

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 10:51 am
amother wrote:
I used to work in a preschool that required each child to have an adult present every day for weeks! I'm not kidding. And the first week of school was 1 he per day, then two weeks of 2 hrs per day, until finally the full 3 hours (9.30-12.30)! The full-day option (9.30-2.30) wasn't even available until like January or something.

I would never send to a place that had this type of schedule!

I also don't understand why preschools have such challenging schedule!

My kindergartener (who was in school for pre-k) also has a crazy transition schedule- why? They aren't even new to the school. Us parents that work full time can't accommodate these transition days. (especially since we soon need to take a bunch of time off for the yontiffs)

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 11:09 am
From the other side.. imagine being in a room with many many screaming 2 and 3 year olds and having some trying to run out of the room, others crying so hard that they are beside themselves.

These transition days are crucial for the kids who have a hard time in a new place. It’s unfortunate that the yom tovim work out so badly this year for the start of school. Before you know it will be October/November with barely a day off Smile

Raisin

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 1:53 pm
its ridiculous. My kids school has a nutty schedule for the first two weeks of the youngest class (4-5 year olds) where they finish at 12.30 every day. This may have worked when most mothers were sahms but that is much less common nowadays and families have to tie themselves into pretzels trying to arrange care for those 2 weeks.

Raisin

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 1:54 pm
if a particular kid has a hard time starting playgroup, maybe this staggered starting could be optional?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics