Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Hot Cocoa Mix?
Previous  1  2

the chevrah

Post Sat, Jan 14 2012, 9:34 pm
I just mix cocoa and sugar in a container. Lasts me for a few weeks. Kids love it! And it's minus the junk!

csm

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 7:30 pm
Ghirardelli hot cocoa and chocolate mix is the best! It is parve, and you mix it with hot milk for best flavor.

culinaryk

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 7:24 am
If you want to make your own mix here is a great recipe. I actually made this for my shalach manos last yr. (put it in a mug with milk separately marshmallows and a cookie). Everyone loved it.

2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
3/4 cup milk chocolate
1 cup Double Dutch Dark cocoa
pinch of salt , optional
Servings (Cups of mix) recalculate

Preparation
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the sugar and vanilla and pulse for 5 to 6 seconds until well combined. Coarsely chop the semi-sweet and milk chocolates and add them to the bowl. Pulse in 10 second intervals until until finely ground and combined with the vanilla sugar. Add the dry cocoa and salt, pulsing again until everything is well mixed. The mix will be slightly coarse, like brown sugar. Pour into a large glass or plastic jar for storing.

For each cup of hot chocolate, combine 1/4 cup of mix with 8 ounces of hot milk. Stir until all of the chocolate is melted. Top with whipped cream, marshmallows or your favorite topping.

http://culinarykosher.com/reci....._R5Ns

SacN

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 7:40 am
Target!

Archer Farms makes a pareve "Dark Chocolate" one that we LOVE. We just make it in milk so that it's creamy.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 5:07 pm
I actually mix Cadbury's and Green & Black's to make my own blend. Cadbury's is too sweet/creamy and G&B is too chocolatey/powderly. Good trick I picked up from a friend of mine. G&B Hot chocolate is parve.

marshmellow

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 5:17 pm
I love hot chocolate I often have it at night time before I go to sleep. I use nesquick. Always with milk, I find hot chocolate with water horrible!

Queenb4

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 5:16 am
Once school starts I give my kids hot cocoa with a sandwich for Breakfast if they are dressed early. Which brand is the best?

chummus

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 5:23 am
Kosher brand, Liebers , Mehadrin, they are basically all the same...make sure you get the Chalav Yisroel and not pareve ones.

farm

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:38 am
Aromaville
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals