Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Today was my lowest point

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:11 pm
I can't stop crying. I'm constantly on the phone with the electric company they shouldn't disconnect my electricity. And I have This!%@^$^$ relative that I asked her to buy something for me (thinking that I will get paid today so I can return her this !&@^#^ 50$) and she doesn't stop harassing me for it! I can't take it anymore pls pls say tehillim I should get out of this rut asap.
(Please no financial advice I work full time and just undertook another one and DH works full time too) I just need a place to vent and a hug

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
I can't stop crying. I'm constantly on the phone with the electric company they shouldn't disconnect my electricity. And I have This!%@^$^$ relative that I asked her to buy something for me (thinking that I will get paid today so I can return her this !&@^#^ 50$) and she doesn't stop harassing me for it! I can't take it anymore pls pls say tehillim I should get out of this rut asap.
(Please no financial advice I work full time and just undertook another one and DH works full time too) I just need a place to vent and a hug

I’m so sorry for you. Don’t mean to be intrusive but are you getting any available public assistance ie. Welfare/food stamps...?

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:15 pm
amother wrote:
I’m so sorry for you. Don’t mean to be intrusive but are you getting any available public assistance ie. Welfare/food stamps...?

I'm not in the US

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:16 pm
I am sorry for what you are going through.
My Dh lost his job and we are also struggling
my kids are supposed to start school next week
don't know if they will be able to go the school is giving us a hard time.
I have no money to buy them uniforms and other school stuff.
may we both be out of this situation real quick

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:24 pm
This sounds so hard!
Crazy that you are both working full time yet stuggling so much!
I know what it feels like.... I had my water shut off and every single time the phone rang it was another call about money I owed.
I hope they turn on your electricity soon and I hope you get paid today!
It can only get easier from here...

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:29 pm
amother wrote:
This sounds so hard!
Crazy that you are both working full time yet stuggling so much!
I know what it feels like.... I had my water shut off and every single time the phone rang it was another call about money I owed.
I hope they turn on your electricity soon and I hope you get paid today!
It can only get easier from here...

Thank you. Bh they didn't yet close it but they kept on sending threatening letters.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:29 pm
The good part is that you can only go up from here!
It's really a miserable feeling that only someone that has been there can understand.
Is there a jewish relief agency in your town that you can approach for such an emergency situation?
Please put your pride away and call them. That is what they are there for.
When times get better for you, Beezras Hashem really quickly, you can pay them back the money.
This is just for a temporary help.
Hashem should bless you with abundance without any limits.
Hatzlocho and Brocho

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:31 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
The good part is that you can only go up from here!
It's really a miserable feeling that only someone that has been there can understand.
Is there a jewish relief agency in your town that you can approach for such an emergency situation?
Please put your pride away and call them. That is what they are there for.
When times get better for you, Beezras Hashem really quickly, you can pay them back the money.
This is just for a temporary help.
Hashem should bless you with abundance without any limits.
Hatzlocho and Brocho

You're so kind thank you
I'm thinking of asking my boss for a loan and deduce every month an amount but I'm mortified!

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:33 pm
amother wrote:
You're so kind thank you
I'm thinking of asking my boss for a loan and deduce every month an amount but I'm mortified!

It's actually a great idea! When he needs more cash flow, he also borrows, it's just from the bank! And here, you are just taking an advance.
Where I work, the employees do it all the time and the boss is very gracious about it.
I know about it. I do the payroll.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:35 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
It's actually a great idea! When he needs more cash flow, he also borrows, it's just from the bank! And here, you are just taking an advance.
Where I work, the employees do it all the time and the boss is very gracious about it.
I know about it. I do the payroll.

I know but he is so arrogant. I do his private accounts too and he is very rich but he has this attitude... I don't know what I'm going to do...

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:40 pm
At least ask him for your regular pay today...

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:42 pm
amother wrote:
At least ask him for your regular pay today...

Oh I'm not worried about it he is very strict in paying on time, but sometimes he gives it a day early so I was hoping this month will be it

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:43 pm
amother wrote:
I know but he is so arrogant. I do his private accounts too and he is very rich but he has this attitude... I don't know what I'm going to do...

You are giving him an opportunity to do chessed.
Remember, it's not his money. It's from Hashem. The wheel of fortune can change in an instant. You are in this position now and nothing will happen to him if he does this favor for you. It can only be for his good.
Sometimes it works if you can imagine that you are someone else when you make the request. Email it if possible, it'll be less painful like that.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:58 am
OP here I actually did I asked him for an amount so I can pay of the things that are super important! Thank you for giving me the courage!

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:00 pm
BH, I'm very happy to hear! May you have lots of harchavas hadaas in the new year

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:02 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
BH, I'm very happy to hear! May you have lots of harchavas hadaas in the new year

Amen thank You!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:06 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
You are giving him an opportunity to do chessed.
Remember, it's not his money. It's from Hashem. The wheel of fortune can change in an instant. You are in this position now and nothing will happen to him if he does this favor for you. It can only be for his good.
Sometimes it works if you can imagine that you are someone else when you make the request. Email it if possible, it'll be less painful like that.

I agree and perhaps when he sees OP’s difficult situation, it might inspire him to give her a raise!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics