Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Smaller house-great neighborhood? Or larger house-okay neigh
Previous  1  2

familyfirst

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:00 am
Hmmm...
if buying a smaller house make sure that you can expand eventually

Otherwise I would take the larger house. Squeezing a family into a small house to the pint of discomfort is not so fun.
Unless smaller house won't be uncomfortable just not as roomy as big house.

chummus

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:25 am
Location, location, location
Is what matters most!

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:36 am
amother wrote:
I'm yeshivish and live in marine park and a lot of my friends that live in the neighborhood are pretty frum too. There are over a 1000 families in marine park, how can you label it too modern? I can't stand how people think somehow the 20s and 30s are more frum. Sure there is more of a mix of people, but you really don't know the neighborhood if you are basing it on your relatives- they are only one demographic. Plus you make a choice with whom you want to be friends with.

The Midwood crowd is more the "yeshiva family" type of yeshivish, not the the more generic yeshivish of which there is plenty of in marine park. I think we need more boxes with extra labels, oy.

To op, look, it's not that far from each other. The only difference is how far you'll have to walk kids to friends from school on shabbos and how much bigger can you afford if you go to marine park? I would consider those 2 things and look into them more and weigh your option's on which is more important to yourselves.

DREAMING

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:36 am
amother wrote:
For me it woukd bother me to see people carrying on Shabbat with a questionable Eiruv which I hear most people say is unreliable and I wouldn’t want my kids being influenced.

I can't answer your original question -- but we live on a block where everyone besides 3-4 ppl use the erev. My kids are told over and over that this is what our family holds and everyone follows their own rav

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 8:47 am
How small and how ok lol. You should have what you need

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:01 am
depends on the factors of how you are looking at the neighborhood

can you daven and conveniently get to the shul or type of shul you want? and are in walking distance of the guests you want? Is the area safe? Are you in walking distance of playmates for your children?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:11 pm
amother wrote:
I bought a small house in Flatbush. I did not want to go to marine park! I am so happy I did! The location and block is ideal! House is small but I’m hoping one day I will be able to sell and buy something bigger. Al least I own in prime location.

Midwood?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics