Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Looking for interesting Friday night chicken recipes
Previous  1  2

tichellady

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 12:10 pm
Whole roasted chicken with herbs
Chicken with green olives and lemon
Chicken Mirabella

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 12:11 pm
tichellady wrote:
Whole roasted chicken with herbs
Chicken with green olives and lemon
Chicken Mirabella

What's your chicken and olives recipe?

tichellady

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 1:14 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
What's your chicken and olives recipe?

I don’t use recipes really, but bake chicken thighs for a few hours with green olives, garlic powder or fresh garlic, some lemon juice, white wine, can add in tomatoes, onion, cumin, turmeric and or cilantro as well.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 1:30 pm
We like what we call Shani chicken (recipe comes from my sister's friend Shani, wife of Mr. shabbat.com.)

Put diced onion, colorful pepper strips, baby corn, and mushrooms into a pan.
Put pieces of chicken on top

Sauce is equal amounts of duck sauce, catsup, and brown sugar (I actually like it with a little less sugar.) Can use honey instead of sugar. Apricot jam works instead of duck sauce (and I've tried other jam flavors as well, in a pinch.)

Bake uncovered at 350F for about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.

sleepwalking

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 1:43 pm
I want to make all of it ahead. Can I bake/cook them and then freeze it?

Tirza

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 1:45 pm
Chicken shawarma:
Toss cut up dark chicken with olive oil, garlic powder, and Pereg shawarma spice. Saute chopped onion in a bit of olive oil. Add the chicken and cook quickly, stirring every few minutes. Serve over white or yellow rice, with pita and chumus or tehina on the side.
It's really quick and easy and gives you a break from all the usual sweet baked chicken dishes.

DVOM

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 1:51 pm
Our go to chicken:

Marinade chicken pieces (on the bone or cutlets) in a bottle of Italian dressing overnight and grill. Yum! If I have time I marinade chunks of onion, mushrooms, and zucchini with the chicken and grill those too.

keym

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 1:52 pm
Chayalle wrote:
We like what we call Shani chicken (recipe comes from my sister's friend Shani, wife of Mr. shabbat.com.)

Put diced onion, colorful pepper strips, baby corn, and mushrooms into a pan.
Put pieces of chicken on top

Sauce is equal amounts of duck sauce, catsup, and brown sugar (I actually like it with a little less sugar.) Can use honey instead of sugar. Apricot jam works instead of duck sauce (and I've tried other jam flavors as well, in a pinch.)

Bake uncovered at 350F for about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.

That sounds really good. Have you ever tried it with boneless chicken cutlets?

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 2:04 pm
DVOM wrote:
Our go to chicken:

Marinade chicken pieces (on the bone or cutlets) in a bottle of Italian dressing overnight and grill. Yum! If I have time I marinade chunks of onion, mushrooms, and zucchini with the chicken and grill those too.

We also grill chicken legs for Friday night very often.
We just sprinkle the chicken legs with either Montreal Chicken Seasoning or Bone Suckn' Chicken Seasoning and grill. My DH likes an extra smokey flavor , so we add wood chips to our grill.
I like to also grill red pepper, zuchinni, eggplant and onion to have along side the grilled chicken . I just put them all sliced up in a ziplock with olive oil and multiple cloves of crushed garlic and salt and let it sit until its ready to be grilled.

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 2:09 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
We also grill chicken legs for Friday night very often.
We just sprinkle the chicken legs with either Montreal Chicken Seasoning or Bone Suckn' Chicken Seasoning and grill. My DH likes an extra smokey flavor , so we add wood chips to our grill.
I like to also grill red pepper, zuchinni, eggplant and onion to have along side the grilled chicken . I just put them all sliced up in a ziplock with olive oil and multiple cloves of crushed gagrlic and salt and let it sit until its ready to be grilled.

How do you grill?

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 2:28 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
How do you grill?
on an outdoor gas grill

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 2:47 pm
keym wrote:
That sounds really good. Have you ever tried it with boneless chicken cutlets?

No I never tried it but why not?

My quick-n-easy go-to is pouring some teriyaki sauce on chicken, and then sprinkling just a little Montreal Steak seasoning on it (very sparing, as the flavor is strong.) Bake uncovered.

I have a great lemon chicken recipe that we love. I make a bunch of the sauce (double the recipe at least) at a time and keep in a container in the fridge, and use as necessary.

1/2 C olive oil
1/4 C lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp honey
1 1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

Mix all ingredients together, pour over chicken, and marinade in fridge for a few hours or overnight. Bake uncovered.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus