Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Nutreint Shake

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 8:26 pm
I took my baby for a checkup today and I asked my doc what I could give my baby to drink/eat so at least once a day I know he is getting the right nutrients. because sometimes he could go a day with eating really little. he doesnt like milk alone ( he will have a little with cereal, but not much)
The doctor had a shake but it wasnt cholov yisroel, he suggested I make him a drink of milk one egg and chocolate syrup blended together. besides for the egg issue( he said there isnt that a high risk of solmenealla), I wouldnt want to drink it, so why should I make him drink it? anyone know of any shake or nutreint supplement for babies besides formula? I know people will say give hime fried food or fattaning foods, I tried some things that zun did, but he only eats ceratin foods , and wont touch something that feels or looks different to him. ( I give him chicken cold with mayonaise and pickles so that it looks like tune)

proudmom

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 8:48 pm
a quick question how much tuna do you give SZ? too much isnt healthy. Why dont you try the substitue meal drinks. it has a lot of vitamines in it. or you can give him ensure for children

Yael

Post Sat, Nov 06 2004, 11:56 pm
an egg and chocolate???!!!! shock
ewww!!
what kind of nutrition does he get from that?
tell us waht he likes and we'll see if we can sneak some nutrients inside.

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 8:47 am
Yael
Quote:
an egg and chocolate???!!!!
ewww!!

Quote:
tell us waht he likes and we'll see if we can sneak some nutrients inside.
Rochel leah
I agree with yael for a change Rolling Eyes

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 9:09 am
You know I also think egg and chocalate as eeew, but this is a drink that the gyim drink on their chag- its called egg nog, I was talking to sz "morah" at daycare, about this idea of eggshake and she said her kids love it.... I still am hesitant to start it...my doc said the eggs and milk and alot of nutrients for kids-- does anyone know where to get kosher pasteurized eggs...

he loves grilled cheese, tuna and corn-- proudmom.... he has about 1/2 can every two days....I'm sure thats ok, he likes canned salmon...if made like tuna....cholent....chicken very seldomly....meatballs but not meatloaf.....this is what he likes but when he does eat it he eats really little.....

he doesnt like milk...he will only eat rice crispies- no other cereal...

Oh he loves raisins and dried dates and prunes...

and ofcourse he loves cookies and cakes

zuncompany

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 12:09 pm
Zu can't drink milk (allergic reaction) so here is our ped's suggestions for shakes: sour cream, sugar, fruit, rice or soy milk. another: ice cream, soy/rice milk, fruit. She even told us (for a while the only thing Zu ate was corn) to corn, ice cream, and soy/rice milk. I thought it was gross, but he ate happily.

Eggs and Choc. sound gross, but I understand. eggs are a wonderful source of protein and other vitamins (even more when not cooked), and choc. is fat and sugar (what will get him to want).

A suggestion with the rice crispes (we went through thise phase... he still only eats them, but every once in a while will eat rice chex)- Zu can't have milk, so we use full fat yogurt instead. He loves it! Its not so bad either. His favorite is the blueberry yogurt with the rice crispes. Our ped said this was great! As a special treat we also get him choc. lebens which he loves and mix it with the rice crispes. Actually its pretty good. I just finished a bowl myself. Smile

Also will he eat kugel at all? We found it a good source of veggies and you can fatten them up... mayo, lots of eggs.

Also juice. For the most part they say stay away from it... empty cals. However right now you need the cals. We found that when Zu is refusing actual fruit, some juice he will drink. I usually do it one oz juice to 9oz of water;) Zu will go crazy if we give him grape juice. He chuggs it down. Our ped agreed with this. He said they usually tell parents not to do so much of it cause it is fattening.

Good luck. I will ask my husband later if he remembers any more tricks.
Sara

FYI... Chollent is great for him, veggies, protein, iron, loads of good stuff in it !
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics