Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Lakewood kids shopping

Redbird

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 2:58 pm
Every times clothes shopping season comes around I want to smash my head through a wall!! I am so bad at it.

Now that I let that out...

How do I get affordable kids clothes in lakewood? I thought fashion wholesalers was supposed to be cheap, but shabbos dresses are $30 - $40!! if thats the cheapest im afraid to check the other stores. (I didnt find anything to fit her there anyway)

I didn't see any shabbos things for toddler boys at serendipity, and fashion wholesalers had a top for $20 (!!)

Its so hard for me to find decent stuff at the mall. And when I shop online I return almost everything for fit or tznius reasons.

I didn't have good luck with serendipity this year, I guess I'll try again.

BTW I need girls shabbos shoes too.

Sorry for the rant. Any advice?

bargainlover

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 2:59 pm
Did you try tottini?

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 3:00 pm
Try Zara, h and m, next direct.

But $20 for a Top is quite cheap. Clothing costs money.

Redbird

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 3:02 pm
bargainlover wrote:
Did you try tottini?

Nope, what is their price range?

I forgot to mention that I am pretty new to lakewood so I don't know the stores that well.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 3:05 pm
A boys shirt if its to wear under a sweater you can buy ut a little bigger to have more use out of it. Same with sweaters you can buy big and roll up sleeve and tuck up the bottom.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 3:07 pm
Try gap on sale. They are 50 off today. You won't find the Jewish/European trends but you'll find classics.

das

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 3:12 pm
I'm afraid you aren't being realistic about the price of new clothing.

30 dollars for a girls shabbos dress and 20 for a top in a frum store with "frum" style are extremely cheap.

If you post your kids sizes, people here may have ideas for online finds.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 3:48 pm
Tznius clothing that is made for Frum companies is expensive .
New outfits/dresses for girls can cost close to $100!!! People often buy one or 2 new things for their kids for yomtov so they look up to date.
Fashion wholesalers usually sells previous years clothing from Frum companies for a fraction of the price. It’s really a good deal...
if your kids are young and not aware of fashion you can try cheaper options like target, children’s place.... usually it’s hard to find tznius clothing for older girls there.
I have some children’s clothing from other years. If you tell me what sizes your kids wear I can see what I have.

mommyla

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 3:55 pm
Yes, $30-$40 for a Shabbos dress is quite cheap in the frum stores. Try Clover, I saw dresses there in that range and they have boys’ clothes too (plus baby and women’s).

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 4:01 pm
I don’t think you’re going to find cheaper than $20 a top in a Jewish store

bargainlover

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 5:09 pm
Redbird wrote:
Nope, what is their price range?

I forgot to mention that I am pretty new to lakewood so I don't know the stores that well.

Check their website tottini.com

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 7:49 pm
The well priced stores in Lakewood are
- Tottini
- Clover
- Fashion Wholesalers
- Kidichic

Prices range from $20-60

All other stores range from $50-200

The other options are Zara and H&M or Target

fraimal

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 8:15 pm
mommyla wrote:
Yes, $30-$40 for a Shabbos dress is quite cheap in the frum stores. Try Clover, I saw dresses there in that range and they have boys’ clothes too (plus baby and women’s).

Just an FYI- Clover adn Fashion Wholesalers are owned by same person

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 9:24 pm
You mentioned that you need shoes/

First of all, there’s a shoe gemach in west gate that sell new shoes at a decent price.

There’s also mrs miller in Brookhill on engleberg who sells European quality shoes for around $50.

There’s Payless... sometimes you can find decent shabbos shoes for very cheap..

Frum style clothing is definitely more than Walmart clothing... but they look nicer too (usually)... if you found something you liked at fashion wholesaler you should probably just buy it- you won’t find cheaper
Try kiddichic on 2nd Street - they have good prices too...

gilamom

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 9:46 pm
I think $30-$40 for a whole outfit is a good price, I was able to accomplish that at Clover and Kidichic for boys and girls. Primark in the Freehold mall is also great for inexpensive basics, the girls side had some sweaters that could be considered Shabbos-dik. Also I got inexpensive turtlenecks/ruffled mocknecks from Primark that ended up being a lot cheaper than buying a shell and also a lot nicer (imo). Serendipity is amazing, the thing is you really have to go often, they're always getting more things.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 2:56 pm
I'm with you! I mostly go with childrens place/serendipity/hand me downs and am blessed to live in a neighborhood where it doesn't matter.

sky

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 7:37 pm
For toddler I wouldn’t get from frum store unless you need a that ‘frum’ look. At that age I did children’s place or old navy pants with an Oxford and maybe a sweater top. The toddler didn’t care.

I buy my girls clothing at off second. But even there dresses are $20-30 on average. I don’t think you can do cheaper for a fully Tzinius dress.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics