Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
I don't want to hear this one more time today

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 5:21 pm
"Mommy I maked on my toes!"

"Mommy I love make in Wonderwear" (its a cute term, I admit)

"Mommy I splash a puddle in the kitchen"

He is 2.5 and I am trying to potty train him so he can go to school with his brothers. I have never trained a kid this young, my other two trained at 3-3.5. This was day one, and we are 0 for about 8. Maybe he isn't ready. Maybe I need to be patient. He is very verbal and tells me when he is making...I duno.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 5:30 pm
Just be consistent and don't give up.

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 5:52 pm
Sounds frustrating, but he sounds absolutely adorable too.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 5:54 pm
Highly recommended in a Mommy group I'm in: https://www.amazon.com/****-Po.....22983

Good luck!

hodeez

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 7:50 pm
The ABA method of potty training is staying in the bathroom all day with him on the potty. Everytime he makes he gets a reward which can be either a minute of video or a choc chip whatever ure comfortable with. When he realizes how lucrative it is to pee in the potty he will make himself go just to get the reward. Then over the next few days u gradually move out of the bathroom and keep reminding him to go. Oh also no pants or anything covering his tush in the beginning when he is out of the initial bathroom phase

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 8:03 pm
I had the same thing few weeks ago with my 2.5 yr old he kept making only on the floor and then bawling.. I didn't continue the next day and he didnt ask anything about why I'm putting on a nappy. I read online that he might not be ready. I'll try again after y't iyh hopefully will go easier. I felt like he wasn't really 'getting' it yet.
Just to say I sat with him in the bathroom for 1.5 hrs and not one drop came, he begged me to go play a little and of course that minute I hear "MOMMY!!!....."

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 8:26 pm
this probably won't make you feel any better but my dd is over 4 and still not potty trained. We would train her and then she would get a UTI...
We've spent the last year going to doctors, giving her medication.... fun fun fun. When she's finally potty trained AND doesn't get a UTI for an extended period of time I'm going to be so super thrilled! I keep telling myself eventually we'll hopefully be over this hump.

tobee

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 9:07 pm
He sounds absolutely adorable! I would let him run around with underwear. He needs to have somewhere to put his deposit. He might go once on ur kitchen floor but that's shud be it. No underwear or pants for a good 2 days. And if that doesn't work he might simply be too young. What worked for me (I didn't even try earlier) was a few weeks before they turned 3 yrs. It was a breeze when I did it and I bh cudnt understand ppls hair-pulling toilet training woes. I feel they were more mature and ready. Good luck!

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 10:43 pm
He doesn’t sound ready.

Debbig

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 11:35 pm
Read the book Toilet Training in Less then a Day. It’s a great book with very good ideas. What I found most helpful was the idea that you are teaching you son to take care of himself & keep himself clean. Rewarding him every time he pees in the toilet is not really teaching him the concept of taking care of himself & keeping himself clean. So instead of rewarding him when he pees in the toilet or asking him if he needs the bathroom. Teach him that you want him to stay dry. Ask him every 5 min are ur pants dry. If he’s dry praise & reward him. Asking him if he’s dry is a more positive reminder then “do u need the bathroom” & it gives u a chance to praise & reward him which will make him feel great & want to keep that going.
I struggled with my son for a while. I read the book & he was trained in less then a day.

penguin

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 1:36 am
Funny, I seem to remember that book (though it may have been a different one) recommending ice pops as a reward - thereby keeping the child going frequently all day and reinforcing the idea.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 6:02 am
penguin wrote:
Funny, I seem to remember that book (though it may have been a different one) recommending ice pops as a reward - thereby keeping the child going frequently all day and reinforcing the idea.

It’s the same book it’s quite old.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 7:52 am
Take off the underwear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training