Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
FOOD POISONING

lkwdgirl

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 8:56 pm
Please be aware that there is a crazy amount of food poisoning going on due to the horribly hot weather. Careful about buying anything with mayo or that could easily spoil. I’m suffering horribly and wouldn’t want anyone else to.

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 9:07 pm
So sorry, feel better! Refuah shelema!!!

studying_torah

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 9:09 pm
Oy vey I hope it passes quickly.
Please make sure you're not getting dehydrated.

lkwdgirl

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 9:11 pm
I wrote this for public awareness. Please please be careful about what you buy and eat in this weather. I know of 10 people who have been suffering from food poisoning over the last week. It’s a huge problem

mandr

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 9:42 pm
What made you think it was the mayo? Mayo is actually loaded with preservatives and not usually the culprit for food poisoning. Unless it was homemade mayo (shudder).

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 9:56 pm
Do you know what you ate that caused it?

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 10:00 pm
I was in a store today looking at dips that were being loaded onto the shelf. One type of dip, all the containers were warm! It must have been sitting in a hot car. The guy unloading told me it’s warm because it was just made. I don’t believe him because the expiration date was in 1 week.
Feel better op.... I had food poisoning once and I’ll never forget how horrible it was.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 3:54 am
Love homemade mayo (no shudder). Shrug

refua shlema, OP.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 5:56 am
August and September are the worst time of year for any kind of food spoilage. Combine the heat, humidity, and the amount of mold spores in the air, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Fruit, bread, nothing can be left out on the counters or it will be moldy by morning. Don't put off storing leftovers in the fridge, put them in right away! Even things in the fridge tend to spoil faster, so divide leftovers into portions and put them straight into the freezer. Don't thaw out food on the counter. Take it out a day before you think you'll need it, and thaw it out in the refrigerator.

Regarding the premade salads or dips with mayo, the problem usually comes from tainted produce that wasn't washed correctly. Potato salad is notorious for this. Everyone blames the mayo, but it's really the potatoes that make such good bacteria cultures.

Refuah sheleimah!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 6:08 am
I don't have a/c in my kitchen, and I leave things and they don't get moldy.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 6:46 am
I know lots of people that had a stomach virus this week, I don’t think it’s food poisoning. My son picked up in playgroup and so far every single member of my family that came in contact with him got sick.
I would say the stomach bug is going around.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics