Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Taking breaks at home

westchestermom

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 10:26 am
When I'm home, I feel a lot of pressure to make big meals, keep the place clean and tackle projects. How do you all structure your time at home? I feel like I'm either laying around all day or running myself ragged.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 10:30 am
Make yourself a schedule every day and stick to it. Make it simple enough so you don’t get overwhelmed. Add some me time if possible so you don’t get burnt out.
Who needs big meals? Make what your family eats! Whatever I made I made double and froze for Succos already too.

mom!

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 10:45 am
I am a perfectionist, but am slowly learning that I need to breathe too!
Here is what works for me:
Laundry is done Mondays and Thursdays only. Monday nights I fold, Thursdays loads the cleaning lady handles on Friday.
I try to do one weekly grocery shopping on Wednesdays/Thursdays, having in mind the following week as well.
I stock up every 4-6 weeks on chickens and meats so I have everything for supper in the house and defrost the night before.
Suppers can be yummy and easy! Think chicken and rice, pepper steak, meatballs (can be made and frozen) breaded schnitzel (made in advance)
Any sauces, mixtures ect only get done in disposable pans-eliminating washing endless dishes.
Use plastic.
GET CLEANING HELP.

Good luck!

westchestermom

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 10:54 am
Hubby does all of the laundry because we don't have a washer at home, and I'm good with grocery shopping. I guess I usually cram deep cleaning the bathroom, kitchen, changing sheets, big batch cooking into one day, and then still homework, bath time, etc. It's worse because I work nights so my sleep is all messed up and divided. That's why I have usually only a day and a half to do all cleaning. Hubby usually does dishes and kid duty if I'm working because those days I'm a zombie. Last night his father called to say he's coming for dinner so I feel like I have to make an effort.

ssspectacular

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 10:57 am
Cook for tonight and serve also on yomtov.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics